What Really Pis$ed You Off Today

Pete H

22 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i don’t know.  tissue growing over a bone that is supposed to vibrate which carries the sound ... because of the tissue growth, the bone doesn’t vibrate enough. Met with a surgeon last week about surgery to cut out that bone and replace it with a piece of metal or something, but surgeon said even with a “perfect” surgery, i will not get back to normal. we both agreed that the benefits weren’t worth the risks.  I’d still need hearing aids after a perfect surgery so why bother. 

Probably smart to just wait. At the pace of medical technology advancement today your solution could be in the fairly near term.

Wb

• Like 1

Other recent thing that irked me was the weekend skiers and boarders at Breckenridge.  Weekdays aren't too bad.  Come Saturday though, all the weekend warrior yuppies come out of the wood work.  Problem is, they don't know how to act like there are other people on the mountain.  They'll take a gated off family area that was meant for beginners and they'll attack it like they're on a double black diamond.  They'll do S-curves down the entire run except they don't know how to do it all pretty-like so they'll take up the entire width of the trail.  They don't really care if you're in the way either.  You'll be cruising along on a very tame trail then all of a sudden a Kamikaze yuppie will come out of nowhere and snipe you from the side, then act like you're the one who is messing up their line and should move.  We had a professional ski instructor all day for a private lesson and I watched her about get taken out multiple times even though she was in uniform, bright blue no less, it's not like they couldn't see a blonde in a bright blue official ski instructor uniform in the middle of a family trail.  Somebody actually crashed into me pretty hard, knocked me on my rear, hit the back of my head on the ground pretty hard, all while trying to get on the chairlift, which was after the big barriers that had SLOW written all over them.  I will be avoiding weekends in Colorado in the future.  

• 2 weeks later...

Driving to work today on a 2 lane 55MPH road with 6 other vehicles in front of me running in the 50's and a jackas$ in a compact car riding the back of my Tundra pulling out to try and pass and about causing a head on when there was no place to go anyway.  When he barely got back in behind me and again, stayed on my bumper, he got a hard brake check and I then proceeded to back it way down and dared him to pass while also letting him know that I thought his driving skills were #1 in my book.  

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Driving to work today on a 2 lane 55MPH road with 6 other vehicles in front of me running in the 50's and a jackas$ in a compact car riding the back of my Tundra pulling out to try and pass and about causing a head on when there was no place to go anyway.  When he barely got back in behind me and again, stayed on my bumper, he got a hard brake check and I then proceeded to back it way down and dared him to pass while also letting him know that I thought his driving skills were #1 in my book.  

Let me guess, IF, he had chosen to pass again after being drug to a slow crawl by you you'd've then sped up to disallow what you were baiting him to do?  If so, your antics are a blatant disregard for everyone's safety on that roadway & show that your "skills" are just as suspect.  Drivers need to get over their macho, self serving, arrogance.

A hard brake-check could cause an accident & you could be found to be the "at fault" driver should a collision result.  A better / safer means to get your point across is to simply apply enough pedal pressure to illuminate the brake lights.  If you'd like to allow "jack-wad tailgater" to pass, or to just pi$$ them off (so you feel better in having gotten one in on them), just take your foot off the gas and coast down to a crawl.  Either way the message is clear - back off jacka$$.

I've been scared to death of other drivers & their antics while traveling at only 45mph or less.

Yet, I've felt completely safe while group cruising at speeds 2-3 times that simply due to others' awareness & lane courtesy.

For ****$ sake man, JUST BE NICE............as possible, of course.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

A hard brake-check could cause an accident & you could be found to be the "at fault" driver should a collision result.

I understand that and the brake check came after tapping the breaks more than once and shall we say "clearly letting them know" to get off my bumper, but point is taken.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

Let me guess, IF, he had chosen to pass again after being drug to a slow crawl by you you'd've then sped up to disallow what you were baiting him to do?

No, that would be the wrong guess.  I would have attempted to safely follow him to his final destination so I could verbally express my opinion.  :D

On 12/5/2019 at 12:51 PM, Pete H said:

I understand that and the brake check came after tapping the breaks more than once and shall we say "clearly letting them know" to get off my bumper, but point is taken.  

Never admit to brake checking... here is what you say, 'the was a black dog that ran across the road'

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 10:47 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Weekdays aren't too bad.  Come Saturday though, all the weekend warrior yuppies come out of the wood work.  Problem is, they don't know how to act like there are other people on the mountain. 

Folks come here and act the idiot, too. We do have a pretty liberal code of conduct, but it does have it's limits.

the locals know ... perhaps why Cindy only let Mugger to come to town once in a while... 2 or 3 times a year, if he promises to behave

On 12/5/2019 at 1:51 PM, Pete H said:

then you pull the "parking/emergency" brake

• Like 1

That reminds me of the time (in the early 80s)I was flying down the Interstate in a rental car in Florida, and thought I saw a police car coming up behind me real fast. I pulled the ebrake a slight bit to slow down without brakelights...rears locked up, and I went sideways across the interstate at over 80. A van veered to the slow lane and just missed the front end of the rental car as I was moving sideways to the side of the road at speed. No harm, but man was that a ride! I flat spotted both rear tires. I changed 1 tire and then when I got to my parents I called the Rental Company and told them the rear brakes locked up, and the rear tires were flat spotted. I had used the e brake many times before to slow down in all of my cars, and that was the first time it just flat locked up the rear. The car only had around 1k on it too. Mechanic def messed up as there is no way in an emergency they would have helped at all.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1