What Really Pis$ed You Off Today

Pete H

19 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Waking up at 5 in the morning, only to find out that you don't have that bag of coffee left in the pantry and not having enough left for your first cup.  Having to make a trip to DD at 5:05 in the morning. 

That would do it. 

Hit a deer this past Saturday. Today is the first day being pissed off about it. New 2019 Subaru Forester I bought late June, put only 8500 miles on it, then why not, let's hit a buck. When it happened I was fine, no bad mood. My thoughts that day were, "I'm not hurt, my family wasn't in the car when it happened, I have insurance". All positive thoughts. Insurance has been great to deal with. It's Comprehensive which will not incur higher rates going forward.

What pisses me off today are what kind of car related issues will I have down the road? And can those issues be attributed to this accident and covered by their as-long-as-you-own-the-car repair warranty? 

I'm hoping the repairs will be too costly and the vehicle will be replaced. Unlikely, I'm told. Will know in a few days.

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9594.jpg

• Sad 5

Glad you're OK as well.  If you're going to worry about the long term if they don't total it then consider taking the check and trading it or selling it the way it is and getting out of it anyway or you'll always attribute everything to the accident.  It looks to me like a $10,000 bill, but you'll know soon enough.  

• Thanks 1

If the engine and transaxle are intact, they probably won't total it.  It's too new.  If you keep it ask them for depreciated value.. That should be monies above and beyond the price of the repair.  Your carfax will show an accident which will devalue the vehicle come trade in or sale time.  You need to get that value now on this claim because once you settle this claim and the check is cashed, they won't open it back up again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Surprisingly the airbags did not engage. I'm relieved after a few nasty stories I've heard about broken faces, arms.

Been in 3 vehicles with air bag deployment and was glad the vehicles had them.  Air bags work of a decelerometer.  The vehicle has to decelerate at a certain rate for them to deploy.  Hitting a deer won't slow you down fast enough for them to go off.  People ask why they don't go off in accidents and I always ask them if they walked away from the wreck and or didn't get hurt.  If the answer is yes, then the air bags weren't needed.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Been in 3 vehicles with air bag deployment and was glad the vehicles had them.  Air bags work of a decelerometer.  The vehicle has to decelerate at a certain rate for them to deploy.  Hitting a deer won't slow you down fast enough for them to go off.  People ask why they don't go off in accidents and I always ask them if they walked away from the wreck and or didn't get hurt.  If the answer is yes, then the air bags weren't needed.

Cool info, thanks. Very happy to say I walked away from the car. I was able to slow from 77mph down to around 50 (guessing) before impact.

36 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Glad your ok Lyle, that is most important. Now to pay for said damage what gear can I expect to be on the garage sale section lol.

Thanks Jerry. I was glad to be driving solo, not with my wife and two boys when it happened.

I've sold quite a few items the last six months. Good idea, let me look around some more.   😄

1 hour ago, Rivernuggets said:

From what I'm gathering, engaged air bags increase the chance of a replacement car.

It does because bags are expensive and many times the entire dash has to be replaced along with the steering wheel.  There's the bags themselves, seat belt tensioners (basically a charge that pulls you seat belt tight when it explodes) windshield (as the passenger bag usually takes it out) knee bolster bags (keeps you from sliding under the dash if you belt doesn't hold), modules, and sensors which are one time use.  It adds up fast.

20 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Hit a deer this past Saturday. Today is the first day being pissed off about it. New 2019 Subaru Forester I bought late June, put only 8500 miles on it, then why not, let's hit a buck. When it happened I was fine, no bad mood. My thoughts that day were, "I'm not hurt, my family wasn't in the car when it happened, I have insurance". All positive thoughts. Insurance has been great to deal with. It's Comprehensive which will not incur higher rates going forward.

What pisses me off today are what kind of car related issues will I have down the road? And can those issues be attributed to this accident and covered by their as-long-as-you-own-the-car repair warranty? 

I'm hoping the repairs will be too costly and the vehicle will be replaced. Unlikely, I'm told. Will know in a few days.

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9594.jpg

I was going to say I had a slow leak in one of my truck tires, until I saw this. Sorry about your bad luck! My problem isn't bothering me as much now.   

• Like 1

Deer, ugh!  Glad you're ok.  Definitely did a number on that ride but you walked away from it, which is a good thing.  Years ago a friend clubbed one and after sliding up the hood went thru the windshield and bled out all over him and the interior of his car.  He said he was buckled up and couldn't get away from it.  Talk about gross.  Yuk!  It'll sort out in time.  Stand fast w/the adjuster and good luck!

• Like 1