What Really Pis$ed You Off Today

Pete H

On 11/19/2019 at 10:38 AM, mr clean said:

I was going to say I had a slow leak in one of my truck tires, until I saw this. Sorry about your bad luck! My problem isn't bothering me as much now.   

Glad to help. 😄

I hope my post doesn't silent anyone. Not a competition. Just needed to rant about the process that followed the deer hit. 

8 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I keep trying to think of something, but I don't genuinely get pissed off about much.

giphy.gif

Shouldn't have to force pissedoffedness (LMAO when I read that) you should allow it to flow naturally when it happens.  I can think of a few times when you were.  What about when people tell you to SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH up, or threaten legal action over a plan for a sub?  I can keep going, there's a lot more.  

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Shouldn't have to force pissedoffedness (LMAO when I read that) you should allow it to flow naturally when it happens.  I can think of a few times when you were.  What about when people tell you to SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH up, or threaten legal action over a plan for a sub?  I can keep going, there's a lot more.  

Ah see.. those are merely little gateways opening up for me to fully express my snark and begin the long troll (I'm Robert Redford in the Sting).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't really get really pissed off (to stay with the title of the thread)....  that said, this annoys me to a fair degree.

Seeing my bill for my (monthly no less) medication....  $22,199.13

The $22K is simply absurd...no, what really gets my goat is the 199.13

really?  You're going to charge $22,199......  AND 13 cents?

My eyes are so far rolled back into my head I look like Marty Feldman on steroids

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I hit a deer about 20 years ago. It was a buck and the vehicle was a Mazda ‘jelly bean’ mini-van. Smacked it doing 65. The damage was severe but they fixed the thing perfectly. Worse was that the van was splattered with blood. Not pretty.

That was whence I lived in urban So.Cal. and quite not familiar with wildlife habits. The new Mrs who was raised in the upper Midwest has educated me. You can get ‘deer whistles’ that attach to the front of your car. We got ours at Walmart. They’re just plastic ‘thingy’s’ with sticky tape. The wife swears that they work and on one occasion I too had another deer close encounter where 2 does ready to cross the road stopped, looked back towards our approaching vehicle and waited for us to pass. So mebbe they do work?

I have experienced many, many wildlife ‘’car’ adventures here in Idaho. Moose, deer, turkeys and an entire herd of elk that crossed our path late one night (the wife was out on a hospice call). We barely stopped in time to avoid contact and then we were surrounded by these frickin’ huge animals for about 10 minutes. Wild kingdom indeed.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, Rivernuggets said:

I'm hoping the repairs will be too costly and the vehicle will be replaced. Unlikely, I'm told. Will know in a few days.

I hit a small deer driving into Madison from Cottage Grove one morning. Really small and I went right over it.

I rear ended a car doing about 25mph... my Forester didn't look like it had been been damaged. When it was looked at they said it would probably need a new bumper, at $517. I have a $500 deductible on my insurance. I said forget it. Found out that it had been in an accident when it had been a lease car, but it hadn't been reported. The rear end of the car I hit was really torn up though. We were in a National park, and the ranger (who gave me a ticket, as it was my fault) said... "Man, those Subarus are great cars. It's all my family owns."

Seeing the damage to yours, I am guessing it will be very expensive to repair. Really sorry to see this, Lyle.

Bruce

• Thanks 1

} There are plenty of deer, tens of thousands, here in and around the Midwest and the most likely time to engage a deer is during the rut, breeding season. There ain’t nothing you can attach to a vehicle i.e. deer whistle, that will stop a male from pursuing a female across a road, highway. 

• Like 2

@Rivernuggets Ouch! that looks painful. I just dodged my own deer accident on Friday night, While driving out to our house on Friday night. I was on Montauk Highway where the spped limit is 40 and I was doing 50. Just had the idea to slow down, dropped down to 40 and that is when the deer decided to make a break for the trees on the other side of the road. To quote Maxwell Smart: "Missed it by that much." got a real good look at him/her. Good thing the brakes are good and the horn still works. Scared the crap out of the guy heading west at the same time, between the two of us that deer would have been a skid mark.