First two channel power up in 15 months.

kuisis

To make a long story pretty short.  I had a very serious medical condition in July of 2018, 3 1/2 months in the hospital and about 13 months in a physical rehab center.  Well I'm back home now and I finally had a chance to listen to my 2 channel system.  It consist of a Peach preamp, an Njoe Tjoeb CD player, two MC250's and vintage Khorns.  Well I turned the system on and it worked fine, at first.  Then I turned the channel balance knobs on the peach and got a bunch of static from both speakers.  I turned the system off and turned all of the knobs numerous times.  I turned it back on and let it play for about one half hour.  There was no more static when the knobs were in the same place, but the static started again when I turned them.  Should I spray the controls with deoxit and see what happens or do you think there is a more serious problem?  I don't want to damage anything.  Can leaving a system idle for 15 months cause any damage.  

12 hours ago, kuisis said:

Yes, every day is a gift from here on out.  

Very true, then it is imperative to de-ox those knobs and get back to some good listening! Any lube with di-electric properties will work. If you can open up your pre and get the lube directly in the knobs, that would be best. What model is your pre?

I have an earlier Juicy Music Peach.  The one with the black plastic faceplate, before the metal ones.  I can get the case off, so I will do that.  I just tried my deoxit and it was empty, so I need to get some more of it.  I have one more surgery on Monday, so it will have to wait a few days.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2019 at 8:04 PM, kuisis said:

To make a long story pretty short.  I had a very serious medical condition in July of 2018, 3 1/2 months in the hospital and about 13 months in a physical rehab center.  Well I'm back home now and I finally had a chance to listen to my 2 channel system.  It consist of a Peach preamp, an Njoe Tjoeb CD player, two MC250's and vintage Khorns.  Well I turned the system on and it worked fine, at first.  Then I turned the channel balance knobs on the peach and got a bunch of static from both speakers.  I turned the system off and turned all of the knobs numerous times.  I turned it back on and let it play for about one half hour.  There was no more static when the knobs were in the same place, but the static started again when I turned them.  Should I spray the controls with deoxit and see what happens or do you think there is a more serious problem?  I don't want to damage anything.  Can leaving a system idle for 15 months cause any damage.  

Good luck and best wishes for a long and healthy life!

On 11/14/2019 at 9:55 PM, JohnA said:

Yes.

No.

No.

Sorry  for your troubles.  God bless and keep you!

Yes

No 

Extremely unlikely, give it play time and catch up.

Wb

• 3 weeks later...