Help me choose a new 4k TV

wuzzzer

On 11/17/2019 at 12:26 AM, Kidd said:

i finally  upgraded to a oled by lg from a panny plasma

Yeah ... started looking at OLED's, but my Panasonic Viera 60" Plasma is still working great.  So; guesss the OLED's are as good as plasma's?

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

personally, i have a 60” Samsung and it works great

Yes; have some of these UHD "smart" Samsung's in the bedroom and guest rooms. But ... hate it as they seem to "update" without any warning ... of course right when you are trying to watch something :(  Guess they have to update their "spying on you" software :(  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:05 AM, wuzzzer said:

So, here's my dilemma.  I'm considering going with a 65" Sony X800G (on sale $698) or a 75" Samsung NU6900 (on sale $749).  I'm going to assume the Sony will have a slightly better picture.  Would you rather go with the smaller screen with the better picture or the larger screen just for the sheer size of it?

$750 is the max I want to spend so if you suggest other TVs please take that into consideration. 

Prices on LED TV's are crazy low!  A quality 65" for $750 was unheard of even a year ago.

I like that you have a budget and you've done your research.  I did the same thing last year at this time for Black Friday and got a new-for-2018 Vizio PQ-65 Quantum at the $1300 price point and couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I also helped a friend buy a 55", a Samsung for around $500 last year, can't remember the model series.  I thought it had an excellent picture and the sound was actually decent, certainly better than my Viz.

I like bigger TV's but at that $750 price point the only 75" you are likely to find is a TCL.  It has been getting good reviews, good PQ and lousy sound.  I figure you have the sound covered.

I have two suggestions:

Wait for a week or so and see if you can find any Black Friday prices for that Samsung NU6900.  It may not be the 100% "perfect" choice but it's going to be a good choice.

If you need some more research, rtings.com has the best reviews on the internet.

Good luck and happy hunting!

6 hours ago, Emile said:

Yeah ... started looking at OLED's, but my Panasonic Viera 60" Plasma is still working great.  So; guesss the OLED's are as good as plasma's?

not even close , and i was real worried the oled would not be much of an upgrade as the plasma was  the best you could get back then.

the oled  is way ahead  of plasma and  led , we were just amazed  by how good it is ,, we are still amazed 

Oled is a must purchase  , because you are watching plasma  , i can guarantee  you too will be amazed 

I should of done it a few years ago, i didn't  because of the cost , I waited for the price to come down 

• Thanks 1

I've replaced boards in my Panasonic VT plasma once a few years ago and it's been going strong since.  I hope it never craps out because I really like the picture.  Some of the LED's I've seen have some odd pictures and I think someone said "almost 3D" and used it as a positive, but that's the weird that I've experienced with some of them.  There are some great LED's that I've seen as well, but I really wish they brought back plasma.

• Like 1

Made another trip to Best Buy today, this time with my wife.  Ended up liking the 65" Samsung 8 series the best.  It's only a few bucks more than I originally wanted to spend.  rtings.com gave it very good ratings.

Going back there Saturday, hopefully to finally buy. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-led-8-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6325564.p?skuId=6325564

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Made another trip to Best But today, this time with my wife.  Ended up liking the 65" Samsung 8 series the best.  It's only a few bucks more than I originally wanted to spend.  rtings.com gave it very good ratings.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-led-8-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6325564.p?skuId=6325564

Got the Q8 samsung at black friday last year. Love it.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Made another trip to Best But today, this time with my wife.  Ended up liking the 65" Samsung 8 series the best.  It's only a few bucks more than I originally wanted to spend.  rtings.com gave it very good ratings.

Looking at that link it looks like a nice Tv, they sure came down alot in the last couple years. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Looking at that link it looks like a nice Tv, they sure came down alot in the last couple years. 

I hate to say it but I paid over $2,000 for my current TV in 2013.  It actually retailed for $3,799 when it came out.  I'd be lucky to get $300 for it now.

• Like 1

Made another trip to Best Buy today, this time with my wife.  Ended up liking the 65" Samsung 8 series the best.  It's only a few bucks more than I originally wanted to spend.  rtings.com gave it very good ratings.

I've landed on this same choice per the specs and price. It seems to be the best with my 1 requirement: 240 Motion Rate. I have yet to see it in-store. I can't believe how cheap all the 55ers are nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, wuzzzer said:

I hate to say it but I paid over $2,000 for my current TV in 2013.  It actually retailed for $3,799 when it came out.  I'd be lucky to get $300 for it now.

I know, just helped my sister find a TV last week, I was shocked at the prices. I even told the wife if ours dies we can replace it with a bigger tv for less than we paid for ours.

But this is all a good thing, for a change.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, wuzzzer said:

I gave away my 50" plasma  TV to my employee  , maybe could of sold it for $50 , worked perfect 

News reported 65" TVs  being sold  for $275 

TVs are dangerous , mind controling devices , brain washers , you all know this , right ?