Help me choose a new 4k TV

wuzzzer

21 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I made my decision.  Whatever I get, it will be an OLED.  They just look amazing.  I'm going to wait for their prices to come down, probably wait until next Black Friday unless my current TV dies before then.

OLED was a big step up, vs my LED TV. I was a little on the fence but I am very happy I pulled the trigger. 

With 8K making its debut, the 4K OLEDs are sure to come down some. 

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

I made my decision.  Whatever I get, it will be an OLED.  They just look amazing.  I'm going to wait for their prices to come down, probably wait until next Black Friday unless my current TV dies before then.

why wait ? I mean , how much more down in price  do you need it to go ?

You're gonna wait another year , oh my , I  paid  $2k   for my lg 65"   last  February 

9 hours ago, Kidd said:

why wait ? I mean , how much more down in price  do you need it to go ?

You're gonna wait another year , oh my , I  paid  $2k   for my lg 65"   last  February 

Why wait?  It's not anything I absolutely need.

How do you like your TV?  What did you have before?

On 12/3/2019 at 8:41 PM, wuzzzer said:

Do you not have big Boxing Day sales in the states?

On 12/3/2019 at 10:41 PM, wuzzzer said:

On 12/4/2019 at 9:58 AM, wuzzzer said:

Why wait?  It's not anything I absolutely need.

How do you like your TV?  What did you have before?

On 12/7/2019 at 1:01 PM, YK Thom said:

Do you not have big Boxing Day sales in the states?

On 12/7/2019 at 2:38 PM, wuzzzer said:

None of the OLED models are in the price range I'm comfortable with, even on sale. 

And no, Boxing Day doesn't exist here. 

The Best Times to Buy a TV
  1. The First Week of January. Buying a new television in the first week - and the last week - of January is a smart financial move. ...
  2. The Two Weeks Before Super Bowl Sunday. ...
  3. Late March and Early April. ...
  4. August. ...
  5. Black Friday. ...
  6. Dec. 26. ...
  7. Amazon Prime Day.

Free price tracker..

https://camelcamelcamel.com

https://camelcamelcamel.com/search?sq=Tv+oled

Amazon Product Search

Find products to track by keyword, manufacturer, or Amazon URL. This page searches Amazon directly. To search our local database, go here.

Filter by                      All                      Amazon Video                      Apparel                      Appliances                      Arts And Crafts                      Automotive                      Baby                      Beauty                      Books                      Classical                      Collectibles                      Computers                      Digital Music                      Electronics                      Everything Else                      Fashion                      Fashion Baby                      Fashion Boys                      Fashion Girls                      Fashion Men                      Fashion Women                      Garden And Outdoor                      Gift Cards                      Grocery And Gourmet Food                      Handmade                      Health Personal Care                      Home And Kitchen                      Industrial                      Jewelry                      Kindle Store                      Local Services                      Luggage                      Luxury Beauty                      Magazines                      Mobile And Accessories                      Mobile Apps                      Movies And T V                      Music                      Musical Instruments                      Office Products                      Pet Supplies                      Photo                      Shoes                      Software                      Sports And Outdoors                      Tools And Home Improvement                      Toys And Games                      V H S                      Video Games                      Watches                 
Order by                                             Average Customer Review                       Featured                       Newest arrivals                       Price: low to high                       Price: high to low                       Relevance                   

• Time Zone:
  •  
  • -05:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada)                       +00:00 London                       +00:00 UTC                       +01:00 Bern                       +01:00 Lagos                       +01:00 Windhoek                       +02:00 Beirut                       +02:00 Cairo                       +02:00 Damascus                       +02:00 Gaza                       +02:00 Helsinki                       +02:00 Jerusalem                       +02:00 Pretoria                       +03:00 Amman                       +03:00 Baghdad                       +03:00 Minsk                       +03:30 Tehran                       +04:00 Baku                       +04:00 Dubai                       +04:00 Moscow                       +04:00 Yerevan                       +04:30 Kabul                       +05:00 Karachi                       +05:30 Mumbai                       +05:45 Kathmandu                       +06:00 Dhaka                       +06:00 Ekaterinburg                       +06:30 Rangoon                       +07:00 Jakarta                       +07:00 Omsk                       +08:00 Beijing                       +08:00 Krasnoyarsk                       +08:00 Perth                       +08:45 Eucla                       +09:00 Irkutsk                       +09:00 Osaka                       +09:30 Adelaide                       +09:30 Darwin                       +10:00 Brisbane                       +10:00 Sydney                       +10:00 Yakutsk                       +10:30 Lord Howe                       +11:00 New Caledonia                       +11:00 Vladivostok                       +11:30 Norfolk                       +12:00 Auckland                       +12:00 Fiji                       +12:00 Kamchatka                       +12:00 Marshall Is.                       +12:00 Tarawa                       +12:45 Chatham Is.                       +13:00 Nuku'alofa                       +13:00 Samoa                       +14:00 Kiritimati                       -01:00 Azores                       -01:00 Cape Verde Is.                       -02:00 Noronha                       -03:00 Brasilia                       -03:00 Buenos Aires                       -03:00 Greenland                       -03:00 Miquelon                       -03:00 Montevideo                       -03:30 Newfoundland                       -04:00 Asuncion                       -04:00 Atlantic Time (Canada)                       -04:00 Campo Grande                       -04:00 Goose Bay                       -04:00 Santiago                       -04:00 Santo Domingo                       -04:30 Caracas                       -05:00 Bogota                       -05:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada)                       -05:00 Havana                       -06:00 Central America                       -06:00 Central Time (US & Canada)                       -06:00 Easter Is.                       -06:00 Mexico City                       -07:00 Arizona                       -07:00 Mazatlan                       -07:00 Mountain Time (US & Canada)                       -08:00 Pacific Time (US & Canada)                       -08:00 Pitcairn                       -08:00 Santa Isabel                       -09:00 Alaska                       -09:00 Gambier Is.                       -09:30 Marquesas Is.                       -10:00 Aleutian Islands                       -10:00 Hawaii                       -11:00 American Samoa                   

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. camelcamelcamel receives a commission on all purchases made through our Amazon links.

© 2008-2019 Cosmic Shovel, Inc.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:05 PM, wuzzzer said:

Current TV is a 70" 1080p Sharp Aquos Quattron that I've had since 2013.  It's been an awesome TV.  With prices dropping fast on 4k TVs I'm really wanting to make the jump. 

So, here's my dilemma.  I'm considering going with a 65" Sony X800G (on sale $698) or a 75" Samsung NU6900 (on sale $749).  I'm going to assume the Sony will have a slightly better picture.  Would you rather go with the smaller screen with the better picture or the larger screen just for the sheer size of it?

$750 is the max I want to spend so if you suggest other TVs please take that into consideration. 

Dad's got an 4K, 80" Sony... probably and XBR or someothere one of their top of the line sets, that thing is too damn clear, too damn perfect.  Feels strange watching it. You'll be fine with the either size.....   I would probably lean towards the Samsung.

I passed on the LG OLED TVs and picked up a Samsung Q80R this week (65"). My living room can be bright and lots of reflections as well when its light outside, so I figured OLED would not be the better choice.  The Samsung picture is very good, blacks are surprising good, and the anti-reflection screen really works quite well.

• Like 1

I passed on the LG OLED TVs and picked up a Samsung Q80R this week (65"). My living room can be bright and lots of reflections as well when its light outside, so I figured OLED would not be the better choice.  The Samsung picture is very good, blacks are surprising good, and the anti-reflection screen really works quite well.

Very interesting. Please share a picture of it in place if you don't mind. All this reading with nothing to look at is not fun [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk