RP-8000F vs. RF-7III

tubetwister

On 11/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, dtel said:

Yes call and get a price no matter what your looking at

Batman is not Bruce Wayne but @MetropolisLakeOutfitters, now you know the true identity of Batman.  

I got an Svs pc-12 plus and Klipsch the one from him, great prices. He’lol send you a quote and then you buy it because it is too good to pass up. So be careful! 

52E019C0-8D7D-4FAE-AF69-A84E86BF50D1.jpeg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, tubetwister said:

My problem is we have about a $600 credit coming from Crutchfield. And we are hoping for a good Black Friday sale on some 7's...or maybe those never go on sale?

Did you call them? They usually can’t advertise a discount but can tell you over the phone if they can sell them below retail. I had a gift card and got my receiver from world wide stereo and they gave me a good price off of retail for it. But I had to get the price over the phone. 

31 minutes ago, Boilermaker86 said:

Did you call them? They usually can’t advertise a discount but can tell you over the phone if they can sell them below retail. I had a gift card and got my receiver from world wide stereo and they gave me a good price off of retail for it. But I had to get the price over the phone. 

‘Good idea. I’ll give them a call.

Need some good advice...looking to upgrade my theater from the R-820F's that are in the L&R spots.

I know the 8000's are very good speakers. Are the RF-7III's enough better to justify spending an extra $2400?

Has anyone here done a side-by-side comparison of these?

I went from RF800 To RF7I front and back which I end up with a pretty good deal . I also added 4 X 18” subs.

I have 17x24 room sounds amazing and love the RF7 .

No regrets what so ever , I use Rotel
Mono amps to run the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My current theater setup is all Klipsch, except the front L&R which are VMPS RM2's. The RM2's are legendary, being very neutral, no coloring of voicing, and with low end bass impact. I just want to match all speakers with the Klipsch RF-7III's.

Note that my R-820F's have been moved into a secondary (much smaller) audio/video room, and the VMPS RM2's are back on stage in the L&R position.

Looking at all options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just bought my first RP-8000F and planned to get the second one in 3 months when I could afford it. 

I am using it with a Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf speaker as the other stereo channel (so not balanced).

Now that I've heard the RP-8000 I have the upgrade bug already!

My question is if I purchase a single RF-7 III for the other stereo channel, will it sound better than 2 RP-8000's? or will it be so unbalanced that I'd be better off with 2 RP-8000's like I'd originally planned (I am using a Marantz 7.1 A/V for my amp).

@Barefoot Pete,

Welcome to the forum.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, Barefoot Pete said:

My question is if I purchase a single RF-7 III for the other stereo channel, will it sound better than 2 RP-8000's?

No, no, and definitely no.:o

On 4/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, Barefoot Pete said:

or will it be so unbalanced that I'd be better off with 2 RP-8000's like I'd originally planned

Yes, yes, definitely yes.:P

Get matching speakers.

Bill