Sold - Beautiful Restored Fisher 500C tube receiver

jimjimbo

Sold

Gorgeous Fisher 500C tube receiver for sale.  Restored and updated by previous owner, beautiful work.  Cosmetically excellent as you can see from the photos.  I have had this powering a pair of LSIs and Heresy Industrials at the same time and it sounds insanely good.  Great tuner section and phono section.  Excellent compliment of domestic tubes chosen by me and placed appropriately for their function in the unit.  Excellent EH 7591 power tubes.  You won't find many better looking or performing vintage units at this price point.

$850 plus shipping/fees.  Located in N. Indiana, South Bend area.  PLEASE PM ME WITH QUESTIONS, THANKS.

Specs from hifiengine:

Description

The Fisher 500-C features a full function pre-amplifier section with twin phono inputs, auxiliary input, monitor input and tape input (for direct connection to the tape head).

The Tuner section features a multiplex FM system with mono, stereo and de-emphasis options.

Specifications

Tuning range: FM

Power output: 30 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 25Hz to 25kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.7%

Input sensitivity: 3.3mV (MM), 450mV (DIN), 230mV (line)

Signal to noise ratio: 80dB (line)

Channel separation: 50dB (line)

IMG_6284 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_6285 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_6286 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_6287 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_6288 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_6289 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_6290 (Medium).JPEG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

Sheeit I think it moved....

gorgeous piece sir

Thank you Billy, it's a winner.  As you know, these are the kind of things you look for in vintage units.....excellent functionality and great cosmetics.  I'm glad I have another one, and that one will not be going anywhere.....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, totsuka said:

Who did the restoration? I have a 400 and 500C I want to get restored. Looks like your guy did a great job.

This particular unit was done by the previous owner, however, I had Stereo Rehab in Chicago give it a full diagnostic prior to sale.

I would VERY highly recommend Stereo Rehab in Chicago for full restorations, particularly of vintage Scott and Fisher units, which are their specialty, but they do absolutely great work on everything.  I am a very satisfied customer several times over....

https://stereorehab.wordpress.com/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

This particular unit was done by the previous owner, however, I had Stereo Rehab in Chicago give it a full diagnostic prior to sale.

I would VERY highly recommend Stereo Rehab in Chicago for full restorations, particularly of vintage Scott and Fisher units, which are their specialty, but they do absolutely great work on everything.  I am a very satisfied customer several times over....

https://stereorehab.wordpress.com/

Based on that recommendation, I've contacted them and will be sending the Sansui 8080DB to them for a tune up.

• Like 1

Be aware that they are only open for walk in business on Friday and Saturday.  The rest of the week they are working on units in the queue.  Normal wait time, (depending on what needs to be done) is 3-4 weeks.  I have never had a unit go longer than that.

• Like 1