Klipsch heresy year 1980

Jerryblake

I was given a pair of Klipsch heresy speakers by my girl friend. The date on the back is 1980. Cherry wood with the slanted bottom. They don't sound the best but the speakers look fine I'd like to find out how to repair them and what the general value of them is.

IMG_20190127_080005_01.jpg

IMG_20190127_075604_01.jpg

Edited by Jerryblake

Welcome.

More information would be helpful.   In what way(s) are you unhappy with the sound?

What are you using for a source and amplification?  Are they wired in phase?  Are all drivers working?

If they were mine, I’d open the backs and confirm all connections at the crossover networks.  Eventually you may want to update the capacitors in the networks.

As to value,  the range is so wide as to be of little use at this stage.  Get them functioning and search eBay completed sales to begin to get an idea of the price range. 

Welcome to the Forum.  Loved the sound of my 81's until I had the grill covers off so the cat couldn't "paw" them.  Woke up one morning to see the cat had indeed dropped down and thru my bottom after she pawed the mid horn.  More for my to do list I guess.   Have a pair of LS and these were my 'fun" speakers.  Just a heads up on what NOT to do I guess.  Yes, the cat is still alive and tyvm for the donut!  Now stop laffin!  hahaha

Heresy.jpg