Sold: Cornwall II crossovers, updated by Bob Crites

emmvette

For Sales is an used pair of Cornwall II crossovers from Bob Cites.  These are the Klipsch Crossovers that were sent to Bob Crites and renewed with updated components.

A new pair of crossovers is $275 plus shipping. 

I'll sell these for $125 shipped to the upper 48.

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The crossovers listed here are exactly what came in my ‘87 Cornwall 2s, minus the definite capacitor upgrade.

I remember bursting out laughing while reading in here where another member referred to them as looking like they were assembled by Playskool. 

I think later years of the CW2 lost the breadboard and went with the terminal cup mounting when they went from round to square.

9A33A645-BE52-4FE7-AB1E-F8401B223665.jpeg

18 hours ago, bribassguy said:

What’s the difference between CW I and CW II crossovers   

There were 3 different schematics for Cornwall 1 crossovers, B-1, B-2,  and B-3.

There was only one schematic for the Cornwall 2. 

In both the Cornwall 1 and Cornwall 2 the crossover points are 600 and 6000 hz.

B-1 was a gentle slope, old school. B-2 was steeper slopes. B-3 was for the transition from the K-55 mid to the K-57, but still using the K-77 tweeter prior to the release of the Cornwall 2 with the K-79 tweeter. 

The differences would be the amount of attenuation to the respective midrange and tweeter drivers to balance them with the K-33 woofer. K-57 is hotter than a  K-55 and K-77 is hotter than a K-79, from what I have read here.

I have owned Cornwall 1s with the B-3 and Cornwall 2s and despite the change of tweeters found them far more similar than different.

• 8 months later...
  • emmvette changed the title to Sold: Cornwall II crossovers, updated by Bob Crites