Arkansas Article on Klipsch

Wolfbane

Yes, that was a good article, without the glaring errors that you often find in articles by writers with little technical knowledge.  However, he should have written that the Klipschorn is shaped like a baseball home plate, not like a baseball diamond.

Even with that minor clunker, it was an informative and respectful article.  Four stars!

• Moderators
12 hours ago, ILI said:

A very interesting article indeed.

Someone should go down there with a brush and bucket of paint and repaint the drainpipe and gutter of the museum! (see the picture in the article). I looks dilapidated and Klipsch deserves better!

It's on the list of things to do, it's a long list including 2 other buildings. Lately that trailer you can see to the back left was fixed up last, the roll up (broken) door was removed and a wall framed with a door and stairs added. Before you had to use a pulley system and a ladder to get the door open, it's a (free) storage room which is really needed.

The other building is what has been worked on before the trailer door, it's the Education center, alot had to be done there, it now houses PWK's professional library. The other pic is of how far back some of the publications go.

boneheads deep dive 1-15 (2).JPG

museum (10).jpg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, dtel said:

It's on the list of things to do, it's a long list including 2 other buildings.

Just to make clear the obvious: I think that the fact that this museum exist itself is amazing, it must be a 'unicum' on the planet - no exaggeration. I suppose that these buildings are maintained by enthusiasts and volunteers (and former employees?), and to have this for a commercial enterprise (Klipsch Inc), is very telling.

If I weren't living on the other side of the planet, I would gladly join you guys helping out!

• Moderators

Your right it is maintained by volunteers, and Jim Hunter who is a former employee. The guy in the overalls in the pic is also a former employee, Andy he helps also but lives out of town.

The big problem is except for Jim we all live elsewhere,  were 7 hours away, Craig in the pic holding the roof vent lives 4 hours away and Kevin is 5 hours away. This means we plan work weekends and get done as much as we can. It seems we are going every few weeks at times, it kind of slows down at times depending on everyone's schedule, but were trying. The whole thing is PWK's story needs to be kept alive and this is the only way to do that.

Klipsch donated the museum building and land plus all of the archives, it was all made into an official Non Profit  museum, owned by the museum not Klipsch which means it is not there responsibility to run it, but they help alot. They donate speakers to be sold and help in other ways, plus anything else we need there always willing to help.

• Like 1