Uneasy Feeling

Foxman

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

It was my understanding that several years ago, PayPal became the property of eBay. If this is still the case, it is likely to be reflected

in policy PayPal has in place, of course.

EBay has parted ways with Paypal. EBay is starting other payment methods soon from Apple and Google and I have to think Paypal is getting to arrogant to deal with in some ways so EBay is allowing others in the door. I know that Paypal has recently stated that if you give a refund they will not refund their charges to the seller so the seller pays for nothing. In this case better to lose the Paypal fees charged than the whole thing since Paypal will side with the buyer over the seller and then you lose it all. Oh and still pay the fee for that too.

• Like 1

The buyer should have added the correct shipping address as part of the paypal transaction. Tracking with signature verifies the product arrived. At that point, the transaction is complete. I've had one incident in 15 years, and I simply took a picture of my shipping receipt and emailed it to paypal/dispute. The address on the receipt matched the one on the paypal transaction, and of course tracking showed that it had been delivered -- so I was off the hook. Got an email from the customer a few days later telling me that UPS had dropped the box off on his neighbor's porch!

What's the problem with the gift card. Have them send it so you can verify that there are funds on the card, then ship.