Pair of La Scalas for sale. I'm original owner

dannnv

What does TYPE AL cross over mean? I have done nothing to these. THey have moved once in their lifetime . 

I think I heard people change the crossovers. Were the originals that bad? 

What did the different crossover do? 

Edited by dannnv

7 hours ago, dannnv said:

What does TYPE AL cross over mean? I have done nothing to these. THey have moved once in their lifetime . 

Type AL is the network/circuit configuration.  AL networks are not generally considered particularly......good....

Very simply, different crossovers determine high pass (frequency), and low pass (frequency) points between the installed drivers.

Are these still for sale?

On 11/26/2019 at 7:34 AM, dannnv said:

Don't worry about it.  They are not the desirable crossovers but are very easy to change and most come with the AL's anyway.  Very clean speakers.  Nice.  They will sell. 

sorry guys. IN the beginning I was getting emails that said someone posted a reply. But for some reason this stopped and so I have to log in everytime. 

If you can tell me how to turn email alerts on that would be great. And end of year in my company is hectic. 

So I hope that covers all my apologies. 

These are very clean, and I still have them. So if interested let me know . I will check back daily until I solve the email alerts. 

I also have Yamaha

P-300 turntable

A-500 integrated AMP

K-1000 cassette deck with dbx 

No jokes on my stereo equipment thats what I could afford in my 20's  LOL!

• Like 1

And to Jimjimbo. I know what a crossover does. I am familiar with standalone crossover units. I was just wondering what exactly people didnt like about the AL parameters. 

The low frequency crossover point? The roll off between? I think I saw a full range frequency curve I am assuming white noise generated and they rolled off pretty close to 100 Hz. 

Am I close? 

• 1 year later...