Jubilee News

Chris A

23 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

So this is part of the reason that the Klipschorns with the simple crossover networks sound good to so many people.

Yes--for the prior versions of Khorns having first order filter crossovers and no electrical low pass filter on the K-400/K55 midrange, thus saving ~45 degrees of phase lag on the midrange. 

But remember, those same Khorns have a 1080 degree of phase lag jump from the tweeter to the midrange (i.e., three complete cycles...which is the same for the La Scala I and II even today) and 720 degrees of phase misalignment (two complete cycles) between the midrange and bass bin due to physical time misalignments and crossover filter-induced phase shifts (the La Scala has about a 360 phase lag between midrange and bass bin). 

Chris

• 1 year later...

You're a little off... $35,000 a pair. 💰

I think at that price (~5x the current Jubilee price), they're irrelevant for virtually anyone that I know.

Chris

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

I think at that price (~5x the current Jubilee price), they're irrelevant for virtually anyone that I know.

That is not uncommon for "flagship" products. The top-of-the-line is intended only as a demonstration of the company's capabilities. 

Somehow that's not terribly comforting.  If the present Jubilee models go out of production, I believe that will it be a real loss...but it's Klipsch's show, not mine.

Unfortunately,  the typical thinking at companies is that the prior product "has to go away" so as not to "dilute" the newer products (by the marketing people and upper management).  Our thoughts don't really matter, unfortunately.  It's okay with me, since it doesn't affect me and my own enjoyment (>13 years) and probably increases the value of my own Jubilees over time. But it basically shuts down a new generation of potential owners, who have less disposable income than I do/did throughout my life.  Over $50K (USD) for three Jubilees across the front (multichannel setup) is a real show stopper for everyone I know or have known.

Chris

• Like 2

You have to ask yourself - wouldn’t the Jubilee (known commercially as 535/402) continue in its newest design for the cinema world albeit dressed down and not having the Heritage moniker? The commercial version surely carry the sales numbers so whatever sales are had with the Heritage line is just the cherry on top — . I doubt Regal Cinema gives a rats arse about a dressed out living room version, they’re looking at performance to cost vs. other competition. 

10 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Link requires account creation and log-in.

Klipsch Sales Rise Stunning 90% in Q2

Klipsch parent VOXX Int’l reports amazing growth in Premium Audio due to pandemic demand. Stock skyrockets in response.

Jason Knott  • October 14, 2020

Klipsch-Logo_small-500x300.jpg

VOXX International Corp. (NASDAQ: VOXX) stunned Wall St. with its Fiscal 2021 Q2 and first half results showing strong growth in revenue and in profit, led by its Klipsch brand. Overall, the company’s Fiscal 2021 second-quarter sales rose 42% and gross margins were up a mindblowing 340%. The company spun from a loss in FY 2019 to a $13.9 million profit. Wall St. is reacting positively, with VOXX stock up 23% over the past 24 hours.

The turnaround was led by the company’s Premium Audio products, which includes Klipsch, which already had a 19% sales increase in Q1. Its total consumer electronics segment net sales were $95 million as compared to $63 million, an increase of $32 million or 50.7%. Premium Audio product sales of $69.3 million increased by $31.2 million or 81.8%, as compared to $38.1 million, driven by higher sales of premium home theater systems, subwoofers, and the newly introduced premium wireless computer speaker systems, as well as expanded distribution and new product introductions. Other consumer electronics product sales of $25.7 million increased by $0.8 million or 3.1%, as compared to $24.9 million, due to higher demand for and sales of hook-up and Do It Yourself (“DIY”) products.

Pat Lavelle, president and CEO of VOXX, noted in a conference call to investors, “Klipsch in particular is poised for its best year in its history.”

CEDIA Expo Virtual Preview: Klipsch Raises Home Theater Bar with Real Custom Cinema

He continued, “We had a strong second quarter, both in terms of sales and profitability and our outlook looks promising. Premium Audio product sales are growing and should increase significantly with expanded distribution, our new alliance with Onkyo and Pioneer, and new products coming to market.”

The Q2 numbers from VOXX do not include any revenues from the Onkyo, Pioneer and Integra distribution deal that was achieved in July. Those brands are also part of the company’s Premium Audio group. VOXX has set up a new subsidiary to market and distribute those products.

The company set up additional distribution pre-COVID, which helped as many retailers, including Best Buy, shut down during the pandemic. Consolidated sales for its Premium Audio brands were up 80%.

“Keep in mind, Best Buy, a key customer, only reopened at the end of June and we grew in spite of this. They are now back up and we have several programs slated in the second half of the year,” says Lavelle.

“Consumers who were shut in looked to create a better environment for entertainment or work from home, thus creating higher demand, which has been able to expand overall assortment at many of these new outlets. Premium audio grew by double digits as an industry, and we believe this is sustainable. These high-end products are essential in today’s home for movies, gaming, home, gym, outdoor. The future is bright because we’ve expanded the core premium audience that we believe will continue to upgrade, replace and add on in the future.”

About the Author

Jason Knott
Follow
Jason Knott:

Jason Knott is Chief Content Officer for Emerald's Connected Brands. Jason has covered low-voltage electronics as an editor since 1990, serving as editor and publisher of Security Sales & Integration. He joined CE Pro in 2000 and serves as Editor-in-Chief of that brand. He served as chairman of the Security Industry Association’s Education Committee from 2000-2004 and sat on the board of that association from 1998-2002. He is also a former board member of the Alarm Industry Research and Educational Foundation. He has been a member of the CEDIA Business Working Group since 2010. Jason graduated from the University of Southern California.

I use NoScript, so it doesn't block me from seeing the words...

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The present Jubilee is out of production , @Chief bonehead did confirm it in the last 2 weeks -

If that is correct ( and I am not saying that it is) , then it is very sad news.  

I assume the "new" Jubilees will sound great, however their increased size and substantially increased price are going to keep a huge group of enthusiasts away. The current Jubilee is affordable and can give folks an incredible value (quality divided by price). I hope that slice of the market is not ignored.

7 hours ago, richieb said:

You have to ask yourself - wouldn’t the Jubilee (known commercially as 535/402) continue in its newest design for the cinema world albeit dressed down and not having the Heritage moniker? The commercial version surely carry the sales numbers

Nope ,  the Commercial Sales at klipsch were very high in 2019  but -sales  are dead in 2020 and 2021 due to covid-----it's the Consumer sales that are driving klipsch to record sales

--let's not talk about the movie/-entertainment /theatre  industry , it's barely surviving -

30 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The present Jubilee is out of production , @Chief bonehead did confirm it in the last 2 weeks -

I remember him questioning your statement as to the original still being in production, but do not recall a hard confirm that it wasn't.  If this is true, can you please cite your source? 

• Like 1