Jubilee News

Chris A

Just now, The Dude said:

I remember him questioning your statement as to the original still being in production, but do not recall a hard confirm that it wasn't.  If this is true, can you please cite your source? 

Rather it is or isn't, i do see them selling more of the KPT-CINEMA GRANDEUR in place of the Jubilee, therefor not needing the Jubilee in the cinema professional series. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

check page 4 of this thread

CES 2021 Klipsch Announces The Jubilee and Dolby ATMOS for your next CAR

By dwilawyer, January 11 in Klipsch News age

Again, questioning your statement, but not confirming, I'm not saying we can't read between the lines here, but until a sales rep or Klipsch rep confirms its no longer available, then I would assume it may be. 

image.thumb.png.0d84e52fe82c1a75a347b61bc258b83f.png

• Like 1

After years of the Heritage products circling the airport on maintenance mode

Someone at Voxx decided to invest in freshening up the designs, and doing some marketing..

Both have paid off in spades. Every Talking Head Audio reviewer wets themselves on camera once they get their sample Fortes, LaScalas and Heresys, after years of convincing themselves that Monkey Coffins get the job done, they don't.

Without seeing the sales by product, which we won't, it's hard to know where the money is coming from. But the glowing reviews for the Heritage line must have a Halo effect on the other lines.

Lifelike human voice is the difference IMHO, even on my B3s.

https://investors.voxxintl.com/news-releases/news-release-details/voxx-international-corporation-reports-its-fiscal-2021-third

• Like 1

In the world of Hi-Fi Klipsch is still a bargain. I quess we will see where the price settles at.

Other flagship prices:

B&W Nautilus $60K

Tannoy Westminster $70K

Avant Garde Trio $190K

JBL Everest $70K

Experience Music Horn System $250K

Oswald Mill Monarch $300K

Focal Grand Utopia $120K

McIntosh XRT2k $80K

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seti said:

In the world of Hi-Fi Klipsch is still a bargain. I quess we will see where the price settles at.

Other flagship prices:

B&W Nautilus $60K

Tannoy Westminster $70K

Avant Garde Trio $190K

JBL Everest $70K

Focal Grand Utopia $120K

McIntosh XRT2k $80K

The difference between PWK and a lot of the other guys,

is PWK understood declining marginal returns.

He was unwilling to double the price of his product for the last.5%, which most who can afford McIntosch + Klipsch stopped hearing above 17Khz some years earlier.

Hopefully Voxx won't depart from their customer base with a product almost no one can afford.LaScalas and K-Horns were achievable for the middle class.

I haven't looked at Jub pricing, but the design should be deliverable at $18-20K a pair, up-charge for exotics in the wood as customs.

Wood-mdf cabinet $400 BOM max,

fiberglass horn est $200 ea,

exotic compression driver $1000 ea.?

15in Woofer cast $250 ?

BOM $1,850 ea parts. 

10 hours labor fully loaded = $1,000 total

= $2,850 ea + veneer basic  $200 = $3,050 ea.

Cost of dsp box/crossover unknown less than $500? Est $3,550 complete ea.......

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bubo said:

The difference between PWK and a lot of the other guys,

is PWK understood declining marginal returns.

He was unwilling to double the price of his product for the last.5%, which most who can afford McIntosch + Klipsch stopped hearing above 17Khz some years earlier.

Hopefully Voxx won't depart from their customer base with a product almost no one can afford.LaScalas and K-Horns were achievable for the middle class.

I haven't looked at Jub pricing, but the design should be deliverable at $15K a pair, up-charge for exotics in the wood as customs. Wood-mdf cabinet $400 BOM max, fiberglass horn est $200 ea, exotic compression driver $1000 ea.? BOM $1,600 ea parts.  DSP for phase alignment, Crown and others offer this in their amps so it's not new, DSPS are better all the time. 10 hours labor fully loaded = $1,000 total = $2,600 ea + veneer basic + $200 = $2,800 ea.

Cost of dsp box unknown less than $500? Est $3,500 complete ea.......

Why would Klipsch sell the new state of the art horn system for same price as Khorn? That is unreasonable.

PWK knew his speakers were expensive. We can't speak for him but we do have this quote. Perhaps @Chief bonehead can chime in.

First off, I don't even consider myself a member of the general public. I know that my own requirements in a loudspeaker are those I've discussed. Judging from what contact I have with the general public, though, I conclude that 99 percent of the general public doesn't even know what accuracy of reproduction is. My company is for the one percent composed of perfectionists who buy these expensive speakers. PWK

2 minutes ago, seti said:

Why would Klipsch sell the new state of the art horn system for same price as Khorn? That is unreasonable.

PWK knew his speakers were expensive. We can't speak for him but we do have this quote. Perhaps @Chief bonehead can chime in.

I don't like to use the term High End Audio, so lets say quality Audio that is measurable.

As you increase price your potential customer base drops off rapidly in consumer electronics, same is true in industrial electronics, so price matters on the supply demand curves.

Consumer electronics are also highly elastic with lots of substitutes, as many failed companies have learned. SONY the dominating Tube TV company was completely vaporized by Plasma and LCD, it happened in 2 years.

For me the K-Horns are less desirable than the LaScalas because of placement, height of the mid horn when sitting and worse driver alignment

the Jube solution for alignment is a DSP, introducing quantization error, as opposed to a 7ft long mid horn and passive 2 way crossover. Engineering trade offs

The Jube is more of a LaScala 2 IMHO, no corner required....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, seti said:

...Why would Klipsch sell the new state of the art horn system for same price as Khorn? That is unreasonable...

You mean...for the past 15 years or so?  It's likely because decisions at higher management levels (well above Roy's engineering level, I would assume) deemed the design as "not worth the effort for home hi-fi" after PWK passed (RIP).  I don't know how many were sold in the cinema marketplace, but I assume it wasn't their best seller of their existing product lines before January 2020. 

Roy's continuing efforts probably was a big reason why the Jubilee was kept afloat--before now.  We know these loudspeakers as the best deal in high-end home hi-fi sound, but that is about to change forever, it seems.  If you want to own a Jubilee--now is the time to buy before the existing stock is depleted.  I wouldn't wait on a used model to come up, because I assume that the used prices will begin to creep upwards over time.  Take out of loan and buy them now.  I will go out on the limb and predict that you will not regret your decision to do so (unless excellent hi-fi sound isn't terribly high on your list of needs, and smaller, prettier loudspeakers are "good enough").

I do lament the passing of excellent hi-fi sound for reasonable prices, and that Klipsch's parent company is taking the company in the direction as an "audiophile company" in terms of pricing.  I will never like or defend that, but with the overhead rates set as they probably are to pay indirect salaries, I suppose that is what has to happen.

Chris

• Like 4

Truth from years ago, Klipsch was known as Hi-Fi, and some recognized it as representative of hi -end in sound reproduction, at a more affordable price than many.

As for the mother company, I believe Klipsch has alot of independence in doing what they do best.

Afterall, they did acquire the company.

1 hour ago, seti said:

Other flagship prices:

B&W Nautilus $60K

Tannoy Westminster $70K

Avant Garde Trio $190K

JBL Everest $70K

Focal Grand Utopia $120K

McIntosh XRT2k $80K

My 2 cents.  Got to be honest, the Jubilees do not look good.  Look at the speakers above, they look nice (the ones that I am familiar with). 

For $35K you want something that will look nice in your expensive home (assumed).  There is an old picture of PWK with a Jubilee that looked very nice. 

The top section needs to be in a separate and fancy enclosure and be at least a little smaller than the bass section, and smoothed out / rounded around the back with a nice veneer.  The bottom can be have a separate skin and be rounded / smoothed out.  They need to look good from every angle, including the back. 

Look at Volti's designs and what he did with the old heritage design. 

Flame away that looks don't matter but for $35K, they do. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bubo said:

After years of the Heritage products circling the airport on maintenance mode

Someone at Voxx decided to invest in freshening up the designs, and doing some marketing..

Both have paid off in spades. Every Talking Head Audio reviewer wets themselves on camera once they get their sample Fortes, LaScalas and Heresys, after years of convincing themselves that Monkey Coffins get the job done, they don't.

Without seeing the sales by product, which we won't, it's hard to know where the money is coming from. But the glowing reviews for the Heritage line must have a Halo effect on the other lines.

Lifelike human voice is the difference IMHO, even on my B3s.

https://investors.voxxintl.com/news-releases/news-release-details/voxx-international-corporation-reports-its-fiscal-2021-third

Maybe more like sound-bar, earphone, and wireless product sales promoted the investments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seti said:

Other flagship prices:

B&W Nautilus $60K

Tannoy Westminster $70K

Avant Garde Trio $190K

JBL Everest $70K

Focal Grand Utopia $120K

McIntosh XRT2k $80K

Looking at these prices the Heritage Jubilee, at say $35K, would still be 50% or far less of other flagships. Your “bargain” statement holds —

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

I will go out on the limb and predict that you will not regret your decision to do so (unless excellent hi-fi sound isn't terribly high on your list of needs, and smaller, prettier loudspeakers are "good enough").

44 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

My 2 cents.  Got to be honest, the Jubilees do not look good.  Look at the speakers above, they look nice (the ones that I am familiar with). 

For $35K you want something that will look nice in your expensive home (assumed)...

As I was saying...  😉

Chris

Wow crazy stuff in this thread.....

Klipsch Corporate decided to launch the Jubilee.

I believe Klipsch has been selling Heritage like hotcakes. Hope has been busy even with cinema slumps around the country.

I think the new Jubilees look amazing. To each their own. These ain't no warthogs.

Volti can make a pretty box but that is where it stops. If he can engineer speakers I'll start making planes wanna fly?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seti said:

Wow crazy stuff in this thread.....

So are you going to buy a pair as soon as they're available?  Add them to the pair you own for surround sound...

Oh wait--you don't actually own a pair...do you?

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seti said:

Other flagship prices:

B&W Nautilus $60K

Tannoy Westminster $70K

Avant Garde Trio $190K

JBL Everest $70K

Focal Grand Utopia $120K

McIntosh XRT2k $80K

Has anyone A/B listened to any of the above against any of the other, including the bargain Klipsch?  Regardless of price, I have heard the jubes, but not any of the aforementioned.  As a former musician, (always a musician) I know how accurate and clear the jubes are properly set up.  Buzz per dollar used to be discussed in this forum a lot more than it is now.  I am a big proponent of BPD.  Back in the day I did audition some big magneplanars---I wasn't all that impressed, especially for the price tag.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chris A said:

So are you going to buy a pair as soon as they're available?  Add them to the pair you own for surround sound...

Chris

But you do , and at 35k$ a pair , so say 25k$   for a regular non 75th what a difference a few years can make -

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

Chris

I am going to sell my testicles to medical science so I can get a pair. I can't afford a Porche 911 GT but it doesn't stop me from admiring it...

I have a Jubilee LF with K403 prototypes made for Valerie that I bought from Maron Horonzak(spelled wrong) who goT them from Mike Klemontovich. Mike insists that everything he has is made of exotic woods. These will go to the garage for a backyard mobile setup if I ever upgrade.

• Like 1