Jubilee News

Chris A

53 minutes ago, seti said:

I have a Jubilee LF

Where are JC's clone bass bins?  Is that what you're using?

Chris

Well, the point of the above is that for people that have been "window shopping" for a long, long time, it's probably a good time to "bite the bullet". 

I'm sure that Cory (Paducah, et al.) will take your money to clear the way for the new ones coming out (assuming he gets the new ones)... 😉

Chris

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:
19 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

it's bigger - it's wider-it's heavier -

‘From the video it looks like significant changes / improvements to both the high and low frequency sections. Really looking forward to a demo of the new Jubilees.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Never said that he is an engineer, but he does have a great sense of style and man, his speakers are beautiful. 

He got help with the engineering, at least in the beginning. This has been discussed to death before.

I will say this, but it really doesn't matter. 

I would love to hear how they sound, especially with that new driver

Looks-besides the 75th anniversary, I like the look, even the older style

Size doesn't matter (I'd say aske my wife, but we know that's a lie), 

I dreamed of the day I could afford a new pair of the old style, that is all I will do for  the new ones...dream.  So yeah, my opinion doesn't matter squat.  But I will have to agree with both sides.  Klipsch is smart keeping their flagship half the price as others, but I believe a lot of dreams blew further out the window, at least mine did. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, seti said:

I am going to sell my testicles to medical science so I can get a pair. I can't afford a Porche 911 GT but it doesn't stop me from admiring it...

I have a Jubilee LF with K403 prototypes made for Valerie that I bought from Maron Horonzak(spelled wrong) who goT them from Mike Klemontovich. Mike insists that everything he has is made of exotic woods. These will go to the garage for a backyard mobile setup if I ever upgrade.

I tested the Golden Jubilees commissioned by miss Valerie, formerly owned by Klementovich, which he traded them to a Klipsch Pro dealer in NC (for a motocycle). I spent 2 days with the dealer as Audio Consultant. The other pair in existence in in the Museum, so I don't know where yours came from, but Horonzak quit or was banned from this forum because he was kind of jerk to Roy, as I recall.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I tested the Golden Jubilees commissioned by miss Valerie, formerly owned by Klementovich, which he traded them to a Klipsch Pro dealer in NC (for a motocycle). I spent 2 days with the dealer as Audio Consultant. The other pair in existence in in the Museum, so I don't know where yours came from, but Horonzak quit or was banned from this forum because he was kind of jerk to Roy, as I recall.

My HF black plastic horns came from Klementovich who got them from Valerie who sold them to Maron Horonzak who sold them to me. I know they are the same because I saw another pair in hope. They were made exactly the same. The k403 is a killer horn and Klementovich was just not quite right but to my advantage.

Maron passed away a few years ago. He was contankerous but had awesome stories.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Klementovich did some weird stuff to the golden jubilees. That was not what he was given but what he did to them. He raised the crossover point close to 800hz, changed the HF horn to something small, removed the foam from the LF and a few other rediculous tweaks. That thing would never voice right. In short he ruined them.

I have some crazy emails from him that are in all caps that I won't share but they were nuckin futz.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Bubo said:

so price matters on the supply demand curves.

Yes price matters - but where is this not true ?(answer below).

I'm guessing everything in the Heritage line is a luxury good. But Khorns, and the rest of the line have always been a luxury good haven't they? The AK6 Khorn is $15K, that's the same price as a pair in 1963, in real/equivalent dollars (for oiled walnut) and you are getting a better speaker today. The new Jubilee will be over twice the AK6, I don't think there is any question that puts you in a significantly smaller market. 

Klipsch has many lines, and brands (realigned this summer into PAC), all run by a pretty sharp guy, separate from Voxx. Heritage is no different that the luxury brand of GM - in terms of units  sold, Cadillac is less than 1% of GM's total (about 1/2%). I'm sure it's close for Lincoln, Lexus, etc. 

Price matters for all elastic products on the "supply demand curves." Only Inelastic products are not impacted by prices change (or are impacted buy only slightly) utilities are the best example, tobacco, Rx drugs, matches, salt are some others. 

9 hours ago, Bubo said:

Someone at Voxx decided to invest in freshening up the designs, and doing some marketing..

Nothing to do with Voxx. His name is Rob Standley, he and Roy started with the Forte III, and then updating the remainder. Rob was promoted to another VP position, and they have a very cool guy who is the product manager on this last round of stuff. The Sr. VP of Global Brand, is a very, very sharp guy, Klipsch "lifer", 30 years and before that he worked at a Klipsch Heritage dealer in Fla.

Klipsch's marketing is all in Indy, has nothing to do with Voxx, there is a guy in there Matt Sommers, also a lifer, and a creative genius.  

You can meet all of them, Roy, Zach, Mark and Matt tomorrow during the Listening Lounge live Youtube stream, and ask them anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, richieb said:

You have to ask yourself - wouldn’t the Jubilee (known commercially as 535/402) continue in its newest design for the cinema world albeit dressed down and not having the Heritage moniker? The commercial version surely carry the sales numbers so whatever sales are had with the Heritage line is just the cherry on top — . I doubt Regal Cinema gives a rats arse about a dressed out living room version, they’re looking at performance to cost vs. other competition. 

It's a completely different speaker Richieb. The only thing that might remain the same is the 402 horn, but he has hinted at changing that as well.  It's a completely different bass bin, different driver. different everything except it's a 2-way. 

I don't thing Regal use much, of any of the KPT-KHJ-LF for anything. Roy can kill 4 woofers of the competition  with 1 in his 1802. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

It's a completely different speaker Richieb. The only thing that might remain the same is the 402 horn, but he has hinted at changing that as well.  It's a completely different bass bin, different driver. different everything except it's a 2-way. 

I don't thing Regal use much, of any of the KPT-KHJ-LF for anything. Roy can kill 4 woofers of the competition  with 1 in his 1802. 

Yes it is, I understand that. My post wasn’t at all clear. 
At the Pilgrimage I remember Roy telling the story of of the 1802 vs. 4 “standard” cinema subs at a customer demonstration.

I believe they asked how many subs will you need in comparison to the existing four - “I’m bringing one”. 

• Haha 1