Chris A

Some more ear candy......

Hardy

You don't have to speak French to understand her. 1973 ish

Message personnel (Remasterisé en 2013) · Françoise Hardy

When you join the Foreign legion you get:

French Flag, copy of this song, and her photo

Baby Hardy 1960s

Systems that are used in theaters or commercial applications  have much  higher usage hours  , so  wear and tear is a factor  ,   and parts replacement  strategies are the norm at set intervals depending on the hours of usage -

• Confused 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If i stack the k510 directly on top and then the Lascala bass bin on top of that, I have room in my system for one.  It may actually be the one commercially made sub I would buy. 

Don't forget to measure all of the door widths it has to go through (twice). It won't fit through a lot of standard residential doors, even with the door removed. Many have gone through rear patio doors or french doors. 

Kevin has a nice video of his in his man cave, I will see if I can get a link. 

Chris,

Here is my test list, database is rebuilding so I'm filling in the gaps since it will take hours

Had to take a screen shot, Media Player won't allow a copy any longer.

Alison Kruase: Now that I found you

Johnny Cash: American 3,  Solitary man and won't back down

Robin Trower: 2 tracks whats lies beneath, wish you were mine

Sheryl Crow: anything but down from Globe LP

The playlist Soft Rock has some great tracks too

AXPNOA play list.jpg

On 2/4/2021 at 6:56 AM, Chris A said:

They cost a great deal...and he runs a business that survives on cash flow. That entered my mind. I didn't want to presume he would automatically have a pair.  They tie up a fair amount of capital.  For decades, basically all Klipsch dealers carried only their lowest-cost lines.  I assume that the cost of the stock on the floor and space was a major factor in that.  Of course, all this might have to do with the dealer cost (under the table--of which I have no direct visibility into), but even at a historic low of perhaps 50% of list price ($17.5K), that's still a fair amount of money tied up in a pair of loudspeakers sitting on the floor that can't really be sold as "new". 

Chris

I think you are right on this point, so now the Mk IV versions of Heritage are the new replacement for Klipsch Inc.s attempt at "high end" which, from all indications, the Palladium Line failed to do for one reason or another. But I do think they should be no more than 10k more expensive than Khorns to buy.

I, for one, am happy that the new Jubilee's "all horn" systems approach will now be the new Benchmark product for Klipsch, rather than a tall, skinny, boat tail speaker with ports and a bunch of stacked little woofers as the "flagship."

On 2/3/2021 at 12:35 PM, Bubo said:

the Jube solution for alignment is a DSP, introducing quantization error, as opposed to a 7ft long mid horn and passive 2 way crossover. Engineering trade offs

The Jube is more of a LaScala 2 IMHO, no corner required....

Quantization error is irrelevant with modern DSP's. Where do you get the 7 ft. long horn? The now obsolete Jube is more of a LaScala because it's about a 5.5 foot horn and doesn't expand in the vertical, like a LaScala, but rolls off at 60 Hz. vs 104 for a LaScala..............approx.

On 2/4/2021 at 6:56 AM, Chris A said:

For decades, basically all Klipsch dealers carried only their lowest-cost lines.  I assume that the cost of the stock on the floor and space was a major factor in that.

We had several Klipsch dealers around Detroit in the 70's and they all carried Klipshorns, so it depends on which decades you speak of. Perhaps the Before/After Fred Klipsch in 89 needs differentiation?

On 2/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, Chris A said:

It's Klipsch's job to convince its customers that the value of the loudspeaker is commensurate with its acoustic performance.  Otherwise, it's something else that is being fed in the human psyche--the same thing that all other ostentatious consumption feeds.

You are correct, some rich guys like to brag about how much their speakers cost, rather than having the most lifelike performance of reproduction. Perhaps, the new Jubes can give them BOTH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

Thanks @Bubo

Chris

Found the missing track on my hard copy

Unfortunately, they toured with Marilyn Manson

and veered off in to the goth satanic garbage

The pretty reckless, you

Taylor Momsen

Also off of the first LP Light me Up

11 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Yes, thank. Although I think "baby Hardy" from the '60's has too much reverb, even for a guy like me, whose first language was French. LOL.

If I had a Time Machine

I would go back and break the fingers controlling the reverb !

• Like 1