That sweet warm tube sound.

JohnA

Not trolling.

Why would you want an amp that changed the sound of the exceptional recording you worked so hard to find?  I had a pair of ASL Wave8s for a while.  Competent, but not magical even though they were said to be.  Plenty of power, so they never were pushed.  I sold them and kept my Parasound SS amps. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, JohnA said:

Not trolling.

Why would you want an amp that changed the sound of the exceptional recording you worked so hard to find?  I had a pair of ASL Wave8s for a while.  Competent, but not magical even though they were said to be.  Plenty of power, so they never were pushed.  I sold them and kept my Parasound SS amps. 

I'm with you John and solid state all the way. If I want to flavor my music I prefer to use the Xilica which also allows for other nice things to happen besides the tone of my music. I figure none of the commercial venues out there use tube amps and if I want a true to life replay of a concert why not use the type of amps they use. And yes I am not trolling either just discussing how I arrived at my choice.

• Sad 1