DH1A w/ EV 940 horns

iaRIVR

Picked these up locally and decided I should start with a full range driver for my first speaker build.  I had some crazy ideas but I have a lot to learn before I try to build anything around these. The horns have light scratches but they do not go into the fiberglass. I was going to prep and repaint if I kept them. I hooked them up and both played and sounded the same, and both measure very close in Ohms so as far as I can tell the original diaphragms are good.

Prefer local pickup around MN, will be in IA around Thanksgiving as well. Asking $125 OBO.

Would consider trades for full range drivers (around 6"), or modern high compliance MM cartridge with cash on my end.

IMG_20191022_174201155.jpg

IMG_20191117_182119284.jpg

IMG_20191117_182236134.jpg

• Like 1

Greetings from Edina - I had a call from Patrick W... today about your EV horns & drivers - told him to run not walk!  He's heard my ALTEC Mantarays outdoors a few times - I explained they were developed by the same team as your EV's.  I helped him sell a pair of ALTEC Magnificents a few years ago, and we became friends.  Good luck with your sale!

• Like 1

Well hello! Greetings from St Paul. Patrick reached out yesterday and is going to try to come by tonight or tomorrow to check them out. I think he saw my CL ad and sometimes its hard to tell who's coming by, good to know he's talked to you. I was hoping to put a stipulation on the sale that I get to hear the final project and see what I missed, we'll see how that goes...

Sold locally, happy to say they should end up in a cool set of speakers. We had them hooked up and I got to listen to them more, they really do sound good. A part of me would have been happy if he had decided to walk away but these just aren't in the cards now. Cheers all.

• Like 4