Help to choose the right speakers for my room

Mo3ath

Hi guys

I need your help please I would like to buy speakers from Klipsch for my home theatre I have Denon avr-4500 and my room size is 15*18 feet so I need 5.1.2 reference premier series please help me to choose every speaker that suit my room size I need something that fit my room.

I need your recommendations for center, front floor-standing, surrounds, sub and 2 atmos celling.

Thanks in advance

Old RP:

RP-280F as fronts

RP-450C as center

RP-160m or RP-250s as surround

PRO-160RPC as atmos

Either 1x R-115SW or 2x R-112SW (because of room size with the assumption of your room height being 7 feet) really recommend you getting two subs though!

New RP:

RP-8000F as fronts

RP-504C as center

RP-600M or RP-502S as surrounds

PRO-160RPC as atmos

Either 1x SPL-150 or 2x SPL-120 (because of room size with the assumption of your room height being 7 feet) really recommend you getting two subs though!

• Like 2

Thanks for your help HenrikTJ

yes the hight of my room is 9 feet, 

my last question is, Is it ok to get denon Avr-3500 over denon avr-4500 because I don’t need the extra channels on 4500 bur the 3500 has less watt is it ok for my room space? Or I have to stick to 4500?

And Is either of them needs Amplifier ?

please I need your recommendation 

Edited by Mo3ath
Forget to write a question
  • Like 1

Wattage ratings on receivers are just lies anyways. The manufacturers such as denon, marantz, onkyo and so on perform their tests under very specific conditions and circumstances which are in no way realistic in comparison to normal home theater usage. They do this just to give you big numbers such as "200w pr channel", but in reality its just the one channel doing 200w with every parameter beefed up. So if you might be planning on getting more speakers down the line, i'd go for the 4500. If not, then the 3500 should serve you just as well. 

Both the denons you mentioned are receivers and not pre/pros. This means that both the 3500 and 4500 are fully equipped to run an entire home theater system by itself. Not to say that you can hook up power amps to your chosen denon, but in most cases, there actually isnt a need for that. 

• Thanks 1

HenrikTJ, i have a question for you. I have 4 original Fortes and have had the first two since 1986. I have loved these speakers but i don't crank it up like i did when i was younger. I also have RP440c, RP240s and 12 inch Micca sub. How much differnce would RP280 or RP8000F make? Will i miss my Fortes or will these newer speakers be a nice upgrade? Thanks

On 11/23/2019 at 12:32 PM, Mo3ath said:

So depends on your reply that I don’t need an Amplifier with the speakers you recommend with 3500 isn’t?

You do not need a power amp if you have the 3500, yes. Did that answer your question there? I must say I didn't really catch the gist of your question, and hope I haven't misled you with my poor grammar

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2019 at 4:21 PM, kaioseroll said:

HenrikTJ, i have a question for you. I have 4 original Fortes and have had the first two since 1986. I have loved these speakers but i don't crank it up like i did when i was younger. I also have RP440c, RP240s and 12 inch Micca sub. How much differnce would RP280 or RP8000F make? Will i miss my Fortes or will these newer speakers be a nice upgrade? Thanks

I will be answering you in the dm

17 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

You do not need a power amp if you have the 3500, yes. Did that answer your question there? I must say I didn't really catch the gist of your question, and hope I haven't misled you with my poor grammar

Thanks bro I got it, and I appreciate your help.

• Like 1