Klipsch sub 12 board burned

dylanpetit

Hi guys,

It's been a long time I'm looking for a sub Klipsch Synergy 12. I've seen some on ebay but it's not easy to find people who can accept to ship it to France.

Few days ago I finally found one guy who accept it and I spend around 300 euros to get one.

I've just unbox it today and first strange this was the fuse and holder missing. Also It smell not really good (electronic burn) so I decided to open the subwoofer.

As you can see the pics... I was really disappointed. 

The seller told me I have my money back but it's not the point here.

I would love to know what can I do now... Can I repair it for a suitable cost? What's your advise please?

Thank you for your help.

IMG_0871.jpeg

Edited by dylanpetit

Klipsch electronics are pretty poor. Speakers good.

In the USA we would typically send the board to an independent electronics guy, Edwards Electronics (not Klipsch) to get it repaired. However, your board looks bad and may need replacing.

Get your money back - and get a better sub (not Klipsch)

• Like 1

Thanks for your help Amstaff, I found this board https://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-sub-12-synergy-amplifier-119512-euro-version-230v/

I think it will be easy to replace it by myself but question is did the speaker still works perfectly after this board burn? it looks like brand new...

Can I get an easy answer before spend around 230 US dollars to get it?

Thanks for your help again,

IMG_0877.jpeg

Edited by dylanpetit

Normally when the amp goes the sub driver is fine.  You can check it by disconnecting the leads from the board and checking the driver terminals with an ohm meter.  If it reads open it's no good.  If that checks fine, lightly push in on the driver.  If it's smooth and springy it's fine.  If you hear or feel any roughness or rubbing it's no good.

11 hours ago, dylanpetit said:

Thanks for your help Amstaff, I found this board https://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-sub-12-synergy-amplifier-119512-euro-version-230v/

I think it will be easy to replace it by myself but question is did the speaker still works perfectly after this board burn? it looks like brand new...

Can I get an easy answer before spend around 230 US dollars to get it?

Thanks for your help again,

IMG_0877.jpeg

You must really want this Syn-12 badly, considering you've already spent 300 euro and are willing to spend another 200 euro to get it working.  If you choose not to send it back to the seller for a full refund (highly recommended) then at least request some monetary compensation from the seller to help pay for the new board.  Hope it works out for you.

~

1 hour ago, scalawag said:

You must really want this Syn-12 badly, considering you've already spent 300 euro and are willing to spend another 200 euro to get it working.  If you choose not to send it back to the seller for a full refund (highly recommended) then at least request some monetary compensation from the seller to help pay for the new board.  Hope it works out for you.

~

Thank you for answer!

The seller send me back already the money :)

• Like 1