Steaks prepared inside

mr clean

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

Lol,  Ditch those non stick coated pans and look for a nice Carbon Steel pan instead.  This will do everything that a non stick does, but without that carcinogen finish.

Im going to have to try one. From what I was reading there were +s and -s. Im going to get a nice thick one. What brands are worth buying? 

18 minutes ago, mr clean said:

Im going to have to try one. From what I was reading there were +s and -s. Im going to get a nice thick one. What brands are worth buying? 

I found mine at a TJ Maxx store.  I don't know enough about the different brands out there to recommend one. Though I do know that Lodge makes some.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=lodge+carbon+steel+skillet&crid=80AU78R81BUG&sprefix=lodge+carbon+steel%2Caps%2C195&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_18

• 3 months later...
On 11/24/2019 at 8:15 AM, Shiva said:

Lol,  Ditch those non stick coated pans and look for a nice Carbon Steel pan instead.  This will do everything that a non stick does, but without that carcinogen finish.

I love the very old cast iron I have, but I recently bought a used, well seasoned carbon steel Wok at a thrift store for $2.00. It is really as non stick as the video claims.

Impressed  and going to buy a one. Once properly seasoned, just wash with hot water.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NADman said:

I love the very old cast iron I have, but I recently bought a used, well seasoned carbon steel Wok at a thrift store for $2.00. It is really as non stick as the video claims.

Impressed  and going to buy a one. Once properly seasoned, just wash with hot water.

I'm sure that's not a source for Corona.