Steaks prepared inside

mr clean

Not inside, but "caveman steak" as one of its  names its called, is really good!  Tons of salt and black pepper, placed right on  lump charcoal, if there is fat on the outside of your steak, sear that first using tongs, to a medium brown color wait until the fat is a little crunchy, then 2.5 mins a side for rare right on the coals and then let rest tented. Inside i use a salt and pepper clarified butter in  a very hot pan sear each side, if there is fat around the steak hit it with a torch, then into the broiler with a little regular butter on top,  then let rest tented.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:04 PM, Coytee said:

I did it the Old Timer way.....was one of the best steaks I've ever had....certainly was the best I've ever made.  It did however REALLY smoke the place up (I mean SERIOULY smoke the place)

The trick as I understand it is to put the cast iron skillet on the stove....turn stove up to 100% high and let the skillet get scorching hot, then slap it down. (at least that's how I did it)

Same here too, have to open windows to get a good cross breeze blowing, when no wind, we have to use a fan. Can't get over this big fancy house with only a shitty little down draft vent on our piece of crap electric stovetop. 

5 hours ago, Gilbert said:

have to open windows to get a good cross breeze blowing,

been there, done that ... and I was only boiling water. 

I put some French fries in the oven once, then left to go pick up my kids from church ... came back and the fire department had came through the window and turned off the oven. the smoke alarm was going off and the neighbors called them. 

I think I'm banned from cooking in 39 states.