KW-120-THX Subs W/Matching Amp. Setup Questions

K5SS

I have only ever owned powered subwoofers so please excuse my question, if come across as ignorant. I tried searching first, I swear.

I just got a nice pair of these subs and Klipsch amp to round out my Ultra2 system and I am not quite sure how to properly connect them to my Denon amp, since it has dual sub outputs and will calibrate each output individually. I am assuming that I will just need to run one sub cable to one of the inputs on the Klipsch amp and then run Audyssey, since one amp is powering 2 passive subs. Is that correct? 

I read the manual but I believe it was made before receivers had 2 Subwoofer outputs so I thought I would ask you knowledge, folks before I fry something. 

Photo, well, because we all love photos:)

1C502447-7272-4767-845B-AC92578FD32C.jpeg

What is the model of amplifier?

If it is a Klipsch amp like the RSA

500 which Klipsch recc's for their subs, it will run 2 subs. The KSA(?)

1000, think the same.

Looking like you would need another or, separate amp for the dual output s to take advantage of your receiver. Recall at least the 500 being a mono amp.

So, agree with the above.

• Like 1

Yes, it is the KA-1000-THX amplifier. 

Thanks for the responses! I guess I was confused a little since in the manual, it showed a Y splitter as optional, on the amp end. Meaning single cable from the Denon, into a Y splitter that plugs into the amplifier. 

I guess the Y splitter confused me a little. Out of curiosity, what would happen if I ran two subwoofer cables to the amp, instead of a single and then ran Audyssey? 

Here is a photo from the manual, showing the optional Y splitter:

A2623B7B-ACD5-4138-BECA-E537881771FC.png

• Like 1

If you use just the one sub amp just make sure you have both of the subs either in the front next to each main or in the rear so when you adjust the phase on the amp then both sub drivers will be the same
It’s a great amp/ sub combo, so I’d run with what you have and then later on you could add a different sub in the place that has the null and use the other rca sub output and let the receiver do its thing with adjusting the phase and so on. My denon has two outputs for subs but treats them as one, so I let the denon do its thing in the setup and just change the phase knob and rerun the setup
Good luck and that’s one of the dream speaker set you have. Set it up and let it play sweet music and movies and you will be a happy camper
You can call Klipsch tech or email them and they can help you with the best setup location for the speakers and subs for your room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1