Need help with la scala bass bin

-Russian-Spy-

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,i am a newbie,i also recently just bought a pair of la scala al4 (k77m +k55x)the woofer is k33 (round magnet), i also had almost the same experience ,one speaker is punching really ok ,also goes down i guess around 45 Hz,and the other one only punching with rattling noise ,i opened the one with problem ,driver almost loose ,i tightened it up ,also aded 4 more screws ,the gasket on the bottom panel in very good shape ,the rattling is gone ,but it is not the same bass like the other one,any opinions ?thanks ,Gabriel

Edited by Gabriel90

On 12/8/2019 at 12:25 PM, Gabriel90 said:

Hi,i am a newbie,i also recently just bought a pair of la scala al4 (k77m +k55x)the woofer is k33 (round magnet), i also had almost the same experience ,one speaker is punching really ok ,also goes down i guess around 45 Hz,and the other one only punching with rattling noise ,i opened the one with problem ,driver almost loose ,i tightened it up ,also aded 4 more screws ,the gasket on the bottom panel in very good shape ,the rattling is gone ,but it is not the same bass like the other one,any opinions ?thanks ,Gabriel

Did you open up the second cabinet? Checking the seals and making sure everything is snug? Could be room placement, as stated in the thread.  If your problem persists i would consider starting another thread for help.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 7:19 AM, -Russian-Spy- said:

Did you open up the second cabinet? Checking the seals and making sure everything is snug? Could be room placement, as stated in the thread.  If your problem persists i would consider starting another thread for help.

Sorry for the late feedback ,yes indeed it was room placement ,i wasn't sure about this until i upgraded my amp to a mcintosh ma6500 ,and i saw that the speaker that is not in the corner is getting more power,tnx for answering and sorry for trouble 

16 hours ago, Gabriel90 said:

Sorry for the late feedback ,yes indeed it was room placement ,i wasn't sure about this until i upgraded my amp to a mcintosh ma6500 ,and i saw that the speaker that is not in the corner is getting more power,tnx for answering and sorry for trouble 

If I could speak for the helpful members who answered your question, I would say, "No worries.  Everyone had to start somewhere."  

On the other hand, I thought I knew a lot when I joined the Forum, but I soon found that I had lots to learn.  Most of what I know about audio now is from questions I've asked here, and from seeing the answers to questions other members have asked.  We all learn together.

• Like 2