Klipsch Lambs wool fabric

mopardave

Thought I would move this over here for more traffic and no results in the mod column.  I'm looking for an exact or very close replacement to the Lambs wool grill fabric Klipsch uses. I can get it from Duracrest, but its not inexpensive by any means.     I bought a yard of Lambs wool grill fabric 18ct from 123stitch and it does not have the same appearance or color as the stuff Klipsch uses.  Anyone know what the thread count is of the stuff Klipsch uses or where I can get this stuff?   It seems the 32 ct Lambs wool from 123stitch looks closer, but would it be sonic transparent enough?  I really need to know the thread count and if they use even or uneven stitch.   Thanks

9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Bah bah humbug, he said sheepishly. I had hoped you posted here to report success.  I agree regarding the aesthetics of the Forte III grille fabric.  It’s worth the effort and some wait.  How much is up to ewe.

Hi Neil.  I don't know where else to look at this point. I did find some grey grill fabric like they use on Theone and Thethree at Wendall.  Nice looking stuff as well.  To me the 18ct does not look like Klipsch lambs wool from what I see in pics.   I'm thinking they use a 28-32 ct fabric.  Not sure.   I did order another yard of off white 18ct from 123 to get a close up look at it.  I really need the thread count of what Klipsch is using.    Its gonna be a few more weeks before I get back up to my dads to work on the Cornscala's again. Next time up I will finish the sanding and paint the risers, fronts and backs with ACE black semi-flat or semi-gloss, cant remember at the moment.   My veneer is ready for pick up.

16 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I look forward to seeing and hearing the results at next summer’s Genesee County gathering.  @kevinmi @Escher @ClaudeJ1 @NOS Valves 

I cant wait to hear them as well.  I'm sure there will be some tweaking with them.  I think I will be able to adjust the volume of the horns with the ALK universal, which will be very helpful.  The Cornscalas are at my dads because I have no room here since I got married.  Once I get a bigger better listening room anyone is welcomed to have a listen.  Hoping to have a bigger home in a couple years.  Right now my office is my listening room with the supper Heresy's. Its a little cramped at 10x10.   Cant wait. 

12 minutes ago, jason str said:

You should be able to get linen to closely match, try a local fabric store first.

Higher quality burlap can be a good alternative as well.

The lambs wool from 123stitch looks like a bulap.  It is more of a tan color vs the off white Klipsch uses.    I think I could get very close if I had the thread count.   I'll check a couple local places just to see.  thanks

28 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

I've got to get my new speakers built and my listening room redone! I thought I'd be further along, but this retirement thing is taking up all my time!

I guess I don't know specifically which speakers you built or what everyone is talking about here. Clue me in.

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

I cant wait to hear them as well.  I'm sure there will be some tweaking with them.  I think I will be able to adjust the volume of the horns with the ALK universal, which will be very helpful.  The Cornscalas are at my dads because I have no room here since I got married.  Once I get a bigger better listening room anyone is welcomed to have a listen.  Hoping to have a bigger home in a couple years.  Right now my office is my listening room with the supper Heresy's. Its a little cramped at 10x10.   Cant wait. 

I'm not sure what y'all are referring to here.

12 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I guess I don't know specifically which speakers you built or what everyone is talking about here. Clue me in.

Hi Claude.  I'm in the middle of a home built vertical Cornwall project soon to be Cornscala.  Gonna use B&C DE120 and DE85 drivers with the Kappalite 3015-4 along with ALK universals. I'm trying to find the exact material that Klipsch uses on the special edition Cornwall 3 and Heresy grill they call lambs wool. Don't want to pay $200 for 2yr from Duracrest.

lambs wool.jpg

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

Hi Claude.  I'm in the middle of a home built vertical Cornwall project soon to be Cornscala.  Gonna use B&C DE120 and DE85 drivers with the Kappalite 3015-4 along with ALK universals.

I have some ALK networks for 3 ways with Tractrix Horns/JBL drivers on loan right now to a friend trying to mate them to 4-15" AlphaSaurus OB cabinets "just to hear" that combination. Looks to me like you are beating me to the creation of a "Super Cornwall 2.0" which a worthwhile effort. I'm currently using my 1.0's which just got done and are LR Side channels for my 5.2.4 Atmos Setup. Sound even better than when you were here for movies. Amplifier upgrades too. The beat goes on and on and on and on..................Very nice!

I'm using the zxpc horns. They have the open throat unlike what Crites is using which I think is much like the JBL narrow throat horn.   Yeah, improvements never stop.  I'm sure you'll get them sounding great.   I hope to have these done by end of year. Will see.

If we wait until everyone is DONE with their systems, we’ll never have another gathering.

When we discuss a Genesee County gathering, we should also ping the rest of the Oakland County attendees. @picky, @Picky's_Son_1974, @Dave1290, and @Skelt.

Am I forgetting anyone, like I forgot to put out the chips?