RT-10 / RT-12 REPAIR BLOG

ngen33r

Hallo

As you can see, i'm missing some parts on this indigo 640047, rev:3 board.  Two thermistors,  2 caps and the rectifier. Found the caps and thermistors from this site👍.

Anyone knows type and value on the rectifier? 

Great videos from ngen33r. Gives me hope too fix this powersupply.

This board belongs too polk dsw3000 micropro by the way.

Glenn

20201218_134711.jpg

Edited by gslettum

Looking for some info on this board. Indigo rev.2

Specifically the value of the Zener diode Z2, next to the vertical PCB that's been removed. I believe its a Y3 zener with numbers *68 in reference to the Zener value, but the data sheet does not have that sub-number listed. 

If you can read your numbers for this part of know the actual part I would appreciate it. 

thanks

Zener.PNG.150d929fdc834224ad011f805a52645f.PNG

Hi There again ... well I'm back ...

I finally finished up the schematic for the secondary side of the PS.

Obviously I cannot gaurantee 100% accuracy but I'm confident it's like 99.8% close and as you will see many Component reference numbers are missing

due to being hidden ... didn't fell like desoldering so many parts to get at them. Some part numbers are also obviously unavailable.

One can deduce where the part is  on the brd by just navigating the schematic and making comparitive observations.

1392316460_KlipschRT-12SecondarySide.thumb.jpg.ad49b9e0daf07e8e46a286f20c20e842.jpg

Anyone out there ... feel free to point out any errors and let me know so I can make those corrections ... I spent many many hours doing this and triple checking and more as I built it up.

I forgot to ask you Wayne if you did up a schematic for the BASH brd ? If so could you send it so I can rework if nessecary to include it on this schematic.

One other thing I forgot to do is make a note on the page about the 2 isolated GND's .... GND1 is marked as the main secondary side ground and GND2 is for the regulator section mostly and the Bash Brd ... so they are somehow isolated ... not sure how yet but the two are distinctly separate.

Edited by Journey
Addendum

On 7.2.2021 at 3:25 PM, Journey said:

Hi There again ... well I'm back ...

I finally finished up the schematic for the secondary side of the PS.

Obviously I cannot gaurantee 100% accuracy but I'm confident it's like 99.8% close and as you will see many Component reference numbers are missing

due to being hidden ... didn't fell like desoldering so many parts to get at them. Some part numbers are also obviously unavailable.

One can deduce where the part is  on the brd by just navigating the schematic and making comparitive observations.

1392316460_KlipschRT-12SecondarySide.thumb.jpg.ad49b9e0daf07e8e46a286f20c20e842.jpg

Anyone out there ... feel free to point out any errors and let me know so I can make those corrections ... I spent many many hours doing this and triple checking and more as I built it up.

I forgot to ask you Wayne if you did up a schematic for the BASH brd ? If so could you send it so I can rework if nessecary to include it on this schematic.

One other thing I forgot to do is make a note on the page about the 2 isolated GND's .... GND1 is marked as the main secondary side ground and GND2 is for the regulator section mostly and the Bash Brd ... so they are somehow isolated ... not sure how yet but the two are distinctly separate.

Wow... Nice work

C46 on my rev 3 board is a hj102m

0_20210208_144918.jpg

Edited by gslettum

32 minutes ago, ngen33r said:

Definitely more dedicated to this than I was. But now I have a solid reference for future videos!!!!!
image.thumb.png.da394ef694cbcb4d6c37b0655a090c08.png
This might help with some of the pin labels. Not sure if they are the same so please verify.

Your videos sure help a befinner like me. I will make a current limiter and order a de-solder vacuumstation. But first i have to find out what kind of rectifier it is. Have been told that it is a generic 600v, 6A kind? 

Hello Agin All ...

I have completed the full schematic for the PS for RT-12. I have got nearly all component references covered for the primary side save for 2 as well as part numbers.

Secondary side there are still some references that are not known but I think I got all the part numbers.

1275803100_KlipschRT-12PSFull.thumb.jpg.abafe888944f586342d85e81d20bfbf9.jpg

Again I stress that there may be  mistake or 2 but I'm 99.8% sure I got it right ... anyone can see an error let me know and I will correct the schematic and repost.

If anyone wants the actual KiCAd file let me know and I will send it or post it although I'm not sure how I could post the KICad fie maybe someone can show me.

Klipsch RT-12 PS Full.sch

Edited by Journey
addendum

Hi Gslettum ... On my PS the Bridge part number is shown in my latest schematic posting ... It is a KBU8G bridge.

I'm guessin it's at least 600V and some beefy amps ... at least 6A ... anything above this will do 8A 10A should be just fine as long as the footprint fits.

Here's the datasheet for it ...
https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/62072/GE/KBU8G.html

Edited by Journey

12 hours ago, Journey said:

Hi Gslettum ... On my PS the Bridge part number is shown in my latest schematic posting ... It is a KBU8G bridge.

I'm guessin it's at least 600V and some beefy amps ... at least 6A ... anything above this will do 8A 10A should be just fine as long as the footprint fits.

Here's the datasheet for it ...
https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/62072/GE/KBU8G.html

Great, thank you. 

Very nice work on re-enginering👍. Way beyond my knowledge😁

15 hours ago, Journey said:

Здравствуйте, Agin Все...

Я выполнил полную схему PS для RT-12. У меня есть почти все ссылки на компоненты для основной стороны, за исключением 2, а также номеров деталей.

Вторичная сторона все еще есть некоторые ссылки, которые неизвестны, но я думаю, что у меня есть все номера деталей.

1275803100_KlipschRT-12PSFull.thumb.jpg.abafe888944f586342d85e81d20bfbf9.jpg

Опять же подчеркиваю, что может быть ошибка или 2 но я 99,8% уверен, что понял это правильно... любой может увидеть ошибку, дайте мне знать, и я исправлю схему и сделаю репост.

Если кто-то хочет получить фактический файл KiCAd, дайте мне знать, и я отправлю его или разместю, хотя я не уверен, как я мог бы опубликовать KICad fie, может быть, кто-то покажет мне.

Klipsch RT-12 PS Full.sch77,43 КБ · 3 загрузки

Thank you very much for your work, it will be very useful for the Repair.  Special thanks to ngen33r !!!

10 hours ago, gslettum said:

Great, thank you. 

Very nice work on re-enginering👍. Way beyond my knowledge😁

Thanks ... I have done lots work drawing schematics so all I needed was a PS to follow and lots of time to do it. Luckily my client was in no rush so I was able to

have it around for a couple months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have a rt10 subwoofer that isn’t getting any power. I’ve checked the fuse and after reading through this section a bit, I’m fairly certain the brown glue may be an issue on my amplifier. However, I am nowhere near capable of diagnosing and repairing this amplifier. I’ve contacted klipsch and they basically said tough luck. I’d really like to keep this unit going, but I’m quickly running out of options and really don’t want to chuck this unit. Does anybody have any references for a place to send this amplifier for repair?

I appreciate any responses. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 10:19 PM, Mike Gans said:

I have a RT-10 that I am working on ordering some components to replace and can not read the markings on the blue cap that is in series with the ceramic cap with markings 56 1kv. 

Anyone able to help me identify?

Thank you,

Mike

Post pictures so we can see the location and the reference

Sorry, I just attached a photo of the entire board and a close-up of the two caps soldered together. 

I can't read what the blue caps are and not sure where I can get them from yet. 

Looks like a lot of fun just to get rid of the browned glue. 

Thank you!

Mike Gans

PXL_20210325_044538413_20210324235356448.jpg

PXL_20210325_044609026.jpg

On 3/25/2021 at 5:58 AM, Mike Gans said:

Sorry, I just attached a photo of the entire board and a close-up of the two caps soldered together. 

I can't read what the blue caps are and not sure where I can get them from yet. 

Looks like a lot of fun just to get rid of the browned glue. 

Thank you!

Mike Gans

PXL_20210325_044538413_20210324235356448.jpg

PXL_20210325_044609026.jpg

This is from my indigo 640047, rev 3 board.

Glenn0_20210326_173856.thumb.jpg.b45f97c77ef90318183f0ed913aac2db.jpg