RT-10 / RT-12 REPAIR BLOG

ngen33r

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, ngen33r said:

Look up the data sheet for the IC. I believe 50V will work for those. The ceramic caps are almost never bad. Usually just a diode and / or the IC.

I have changed the IC and the bas16 D3. Still nothing. So for the fun of it and usefully experience, i will rebuild the board. Have all the parts on hand,  except the cap's and resistors. 

I will check the datasheet for the IC. 

4 hours ago, ngen33r said:

Here is what I have. It is not complete or updated. VERSION IS UNKNOWN DO NOT ASSUME RB. Looks like C6 needs to be able to handle 200V. Double check this.

660045-1.pdf 38.76 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks.

So many different subwoofer brands used this amp, and now schematics around. Good kept secret, more secret then some gouverment documents😁

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, vpolish@aol.com said:

Are you still repairing the RT10 subwoofer amps.  Mine failed last week, i have removed it and it seems to exhibit many of the issues shown in your post.  Hate to discard the subwoofer, hope you can help.  Vince

I am but I have a very long waiting list.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Wayne , I have an issue with the secondary side of the power supply. It doesnt pass any power from CD+ and CD-. 0V output. But i get the power for the other control boards. What is the usual output voltage and Amp of CD+ CD- terminals.

Can you guide me how to repair this

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 12:34 PM, Varuna said:

Hi Wayne , I have an issue with the secondary side of the power supply. It doesnt pass any power from CD+ and CD-. 0V output. But i get the power for the other control boards. What is the usual output voltage and Amp of CD+ CD- terminals.

Can you guide me how to repair this

~8V DC

3 hours ago, ngen33r said:

It's never the caps!

20200227_110628.jpg

Changed then anyway, for smd soldertraining😁. And all the diodes. I got power too the secondary side now, but have unstable 13-15 unstable volt at the CD+ and -. And the Q4 2sn4401 made some noise,  and broke down. 

Any idea? Bashboard? 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 5:26 AM, gslettum said:

Changed then anyway, for smd soldertraining😁. And all the diodes. I got power too the secondary side now, but have unstable 13-15 unstable volt at the CD+ and -. And the Q4 2sn4401 made some noise,  and broke down. 

Any idea? Bashboard? 

Bash board is the next step once the primary side is stable. Might as well recap the whole board too. Never know whats under them until you pull them.

1 hour ago, ngen33r said:

Bash board is the next step once the primary side is stable. Might as well recap the whole board too. Never know whats under them until you pull them.

I have recaped the whole secondary side of the board all ready, small caps too the big one. So next on the agenda is the bash. Not sure what kind of UC3842 i can order.

https://no.mouser.com/Semiconductors/Power-Management-ICs/Voltage-Regulators-Voltage-Controllers/Switching-Controllers/_/N-41fau?P=1z0z7ptZ1z0vnjaZ1z0z7v5&Keyword=uc3842&FS=True

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have a subwoofer Klipsh RT12D
 There was a defective main board, the master took it to the repair, but on CD + CD-6V.  The master about your video where CD + CD-8.1V says that it means nothing.  You need a service manual to know how it should be.
 Can you please tell me if you have any circuits with the full names of radio components (what details should be with their name and denomination)?