Noob, need help please

Mo Laher

4 hours ago, JohnA said:

How is it's [NAD's] reliability?  I persuaded my brother to buy a NAD and turned out to be about as reliable as a Yugo.  I think it died twice in a year. 

I had one amp go bad after ~36 years which is why I now have the C338 for right at 1 year.  Prior to that a partner of the other succumbed after 20 or so years of nearly constantly being powered up.  2 failures out of 4 maybe ain't so great?  Hahaha!

This whole discussion is likely similar to one of Ford/GM/Chrysler.  While my first choice would be Ford, I'm realistic enough to say that with any of them you can get a good one, or not.

I hadn't intended to participate quite so much in this thread and am beginning to recall why...

One feature of the 2-channel integrated I linked to earlier is that it's bridgeable and they make a unit with only the same power amps inside, so for an overall great bargain it can be upgraded to several times the output if that's a consideration.

These class-d units can be pushed hard for extended time while barely becoming warm to the touch.  My C338 doesn't even have cooling slots in the chassis / cover.

https://www.us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers&ProductId=NR1200

Take a look to see if this meets your needs. I have one and love it. 75 WPC, 2 sub hook ups, pre-amp out so you can add more power down the road if you want. You can hook it to you TV and use it for 2 channel. I am using it now and streaming Amazon Music HD, works great. It has a list price of 599.00 but get a hold of Corey or Steven @https://www.facebook.com/PaducahHomeTheater/?eid=ARBd4uUdZ3kXR2n9QDY8BH2lFDKcfjrXrAamGCmeehSTR1XOfnGf0m-lZlRZEG7xh_JZ5zzSno0SuyH_ for a better price.

Marantz 2.jpg