R-110SW / R-112SW / R-115SW Repair Blog

ngen33r

Hello Dear. Thank You for the good topic. Started to repair Klipsch sw-110 of my friend. SMPS main electrolytes fried. Replaced. Fried again in a seconds. Made additional board with better capacitors, added RC groups to stop HF(I suppose  main electrolytes boiled from the high freq). Now there is no warming of the capacitors, but, seems SMPS not running. Started to draw topology - seems strange to me, not half-bridge, IRF730 connected S-D, D-S, some strange buck - inverter? working on only one of the capacitors? or I'm already blind and stupid :) ... started to search in the net. And... I'm here :) Can You help with some drawing of this model?

18 hours ago, dmitrev said:

Hello Dear. Thank You for the good topic. Started to repair Klipsch sw-110 of my friend. SMPS main electrolytes fried. Replaced. Fried again in a seconds. Made additional board with better capacitors, added RC groups to stop HF(I suppose  main electrolytes boiled from the high freq). Now there is no warming of the capacitors, but, seems SMPS not running. Started to draw topology - seems strange to me, not half-bridge, IRF730 connected S-D, D-S, some strange buck - inverter? working on only one of the capacitors? or I'm already blind and stupid :) ... started to search in the net. And... I'm here :) Can You help with some drawing of this model?

No drawings or schematics are known to exist to the public at this time.

Do you know how to bypass the two switches?

OFF / STANDBY / ON

0° / 180°

My kid just broke them off and now the sub-woofer is acting strange.

I'm fine with it being always ON and 0° as I could start unplugging it.

Edited by trasman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ! First, congratulations ngen33r for the excellent support on the Klipsch community. I wonder If you could help me please. I have a Klipsch R-115sw, and I would like to know which is the electric tension of Zener Diodes titled ZD1 and ZD2, because I can only see a blue  stripe on It.
The board is:
BFS R115 W - V1 20141105

Thanks on advance!
Ricardo

I sold 4 of my 115SW after all of them failed multiple times, even after their so called revision amps. I’m done with their amp issues.

Home Theater Gear:

Denon AVR-X4200W (Auro-3D upgrade)
Parasound HCA-1206
Denon DCM-560 5 CD changer
Sony UBP-X800 4K Blu-ray / Apple TV 4K
Epson Home Cinema 2100 Projector
Speakers: 2 x Klipsch RP-280F, 1 x Klipsch RP-450C, 2 x Klipsch RP-250S, 4 x Klipsch RP-500SA, 1 x Monoprice Monolith 15 THX

On 11/25/2020 at 2:27 AM, dmitrev said:

Thank You Dear. What blog is proper for me, boards of sw10 seems close? Please, delete my posts if they are in wrong topic.

IMG_20201124_190110_3.jpg

SW-10 REPAIRS SHOULD GO WITH SUB-10 AND SUB-12 I WILL REVISE THAT TITLE IF I CAN EDIT IT. PLEASE MOVE THIS POST IN THERE. THANK YOU

On 11/30/2020 at 2:40 PM, trasman said:

Do you know how to bypass the two switches?

OFF / STANDBY / ON

0° / 180°

My kid just broke them off and now the sub-woofer is acting strange.

I'm fine with it being always ON and 0° as I could start unplugging it.

Cut off the legs and solder jumper wires in the position you want

20201219_012407.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Klipsch R-115SW. Same problem as everyone else. It is out of warranty. I need it repaired. Can anyone help me with getting it repaired? I called Klipsch for a week solid and waited on hold for 90 minutes each day.  Ive sent several emails. No response on anything. Ill pay the cost of a new amp or pay someone to fix it. Cant just leave a 900 dollar subwoofer just sit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

I am new to the forums but found this thread because I have a 2.5 year old Klipsch R-115SW that failed and is making ticking noises and am frustrated that it seems like the amplifier has failed.  Are you still in the business of repairing the amps for these?  Appreciate if you could help.  Thanks!

Edited by mood