SOLD - more LaScala's - south of Boston Ma. link deleted

garyeanderson

13 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

@garyeanderson

Photos here &/or on the CL ad would likely assist with your sale.

You are correct but the camera has been broken and tossed out probably 3 or more years ago. I tried to describe them as best as I could. If you read the posting (anyone for that mater) then you most likely know what they look like and being black they don't photograph all that well, especially in craigslist format. LaScala's don't come up for sale that often in this area and the price isn't too bad. I left a phone number to call and I can talk and describe them fairly well, if some calls and tells me they are looking for perfection, these are not for them. So far I have received two ROBO txt's so those were deleted, I don't text! Period. For a home theater where the lighting is on the low side then they may be just the ticket to a whole lot of enjoyment for reasonable money.  

p.s. - the Cornwalls I had for sale two weeks ago sold without decent pictures for the asking price, I think that I am not far off on the LaScala's.

p.p.s. - the Klipschorns are the next item that will be available 

Thanks Gary

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Cell phone with a CAMERA?  Friend cell phone sent your email?   Just some ideas. GLWS.  

I went over to my sisters and borrowed a camera - took some doing on my part to figure it out but here you go:biggrin:

The two LaScala's are used as a mono center along with the home made MWM bass bin, they will play with either the belle's or Klipschorns. The cornwall bass bin clones are just taking up space at the moment, last week they were in the system but I sold the garage cornwalls and I took the 6 channel amp that they were connected to and have yet to connect them.

p.s. - the two empty boxes on the LaScala's were built with a set of draws that my two friends hurled 12 feet down from the second floor, I pulled them out of the dumpster and had my way with them:smile:, no drivers yet as they weren't in the draws... 

So now that you know what black LaScala's look like, Give me a call...

Thanks again for looking

Gary

gd004.thumb.JPG.110406ca766d598a211eb60f8d757984.JPG

006.thumb.JPG.f3b123ba79f576a3c200ca87b41d89cd.JPG005.thumb.JPG.66f4ea759ac9fb14f2eb0b93330854d5.JPG

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You have some nice gear there sir.  GLWS. 

That word "sir" is a very loose term. It seems to imply something, a form of respect that I have never thought much about. Most of my "gear" are someone's castoffs that needed more work than others wanted to perform, I don't mind getting my hand dirty (some times bloody). There are quite a few members of this forum that have that in spades and are willing to show others what is possible with a bit of the sweat equity method of getting what "you want".  

17 hours ago, Delicious2 said:

Just got off the phone with Gary.  Look forward to seeing/hearing on Friday!

I was great to talk to you Mark,  I hope that they are indeed what you are looking for and will give you many hours (years possibly?)

9 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

@garyeanderson

Thank you for the photos, they look great.

If those were within a 3 hour drive from the Chicago market, I'm sure they'd likely be SOLD already.

GLWS

My inventory was getting deeper that even a hoarder like myself am comfortable with. Tough to bring in new things when there is no place at all to put them. That said the Cornwalls  left 10 days ago and Mark sounds very interested so they may be delivered to his place on Friday if he decides to pull the trigger. I think most folks would agree that for the money I am asking they may be a bargain.

30 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

sweet deal

I drove 2000 miles to get mine   They're gonna make someone very happy.

I drove about 120 round trip to pick them up , 200 or so miles for the Cornwalls and another 50 to deliver when I sold them and yes I was very happy with all of these journeys.  I like to drive, see places and meet people. 

I have a bunch more stuff to move, at least one pair of Klipschorns, possibly 2. I have already listed the Mahogany raw cornwall clone bass bins in the "garage Sale" section (visible in the first photo), asking $400 each, will sell 2, 3, or all 4.

I recently got a nice (as in no rot southern) 1996 extended cab F350 diesel dually pickup to replace my well used (358k miles with plenty of issues) 1997 F250 diesel and I need to pay for that somehow, selling a bit of inventory will help a bit with that.   

Thanks again to all that have replied or just had a look see, the folks that make up this forum are some of the best folks on the internet and always seem to be willing to help out where and when needed most:biggrin2:

Gary

11 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

we get 25 miles of winding county road to decompress after you turn off the interstate.  It's pleasant. Watch for cows on the road, though

We only have wild turkeys that seem to think the road make great clearings to strut there stuff. Darwin was right though and those birds that think like that just don't know the mind of the average Massachusetts commuter. The deer also seem to think that they own many of the roads mostly with the same consequences except the deer leave a lasting impression in the body work, the turkeys, well not so much:biggrin2:, ask me how I know.

I've been across this country a number of times and it's not until you get west of Chicago that the terms of vastness and open begin to set in. in the east it is just one big sprawl :sad: 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, Delicious2 said:

Just got off the phone with Gary.  Look forward to seeing/hearing on Friday!

Hi Mark

It was a pleasure to meet you and I would like to thank you for bringing the cd with the tone sweeps on it so that we could test the cabinet that was re-glued. I am sorry that you had to drive all the way and find that the LaScala's were not really what you wanted. Anyway Mark from Braintree called me back and was by at 2:00 oclock and listened for a bit and we struck a deal. Had them loaded in the back of my pickup, strapped down with a couple of blankets by 3:20 and they were delived and I was home by the time it was dark. It sure looked naked where the LaScala's once sat.

016.thumb.JPG.0160f90d07ad39764dc2a81858db2f36.JPG

It didn't stay that way for long, I was up early moving some stuff around and later when I have more time I'll get it all connected.

018.thumb.JPG.81c4a9ca4057bd0c19d6e9d16283ec2b.JPG

Thanks again to both Mark's for stopping by and helping me with some problems that I have.:smile: 

Gary