Uh Oh

thebes

Got a flyer in the mail today an and now I'm starting to wonder what they know that I don't know.

Starts of with "Considering cremation? Join Cremation Society of Virginia for a free lunch and informational seminar."

The initial discussion points are somewhat logical.

The Benefits of Preplanning

Affordable Options and Savings

but then they go onto:

Eco Friendly Choices

and my personal favorite:

Travel and Relocation Protection Plan.

Concerning the latter, I  guess it means that if you are vacation in Bora Bora and drop dead, the local natives will eat the choice bits, char you up around the fire pit, and then ship the remains home in an eco friendly coconut.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, thebes said:

Starts of with "Considering cremation? Join Cremation Society of Virginia for a free lunch and informational seminar."

was visiting my cousin and she got a advertisement in the mail that said “Free Cruise.”  Being a sea-going man, i picked it up to read. I notice it was from the Neptune Society. They do burials at sea.  I told my cousin that she probably wouldn’t enjoy this type of cruise. 

One of my former co-workers was on a boat that did burials at sea and he said most of the ashes end up blowing back on the deck and after the people leave, they just hose off the deck. 

1 hour ago, seti said:

That is just part one.

Part two press ashes into vinyl for friends.

https://aeon.co/videos/pressing-the-ashes-of-the-dead-onto-records-odd-novelty-or-tender-remembrance

Sorry but I don't want to live on as pops and crackles.  I'd rather be listed somewhere, in some database, as "a primary future candidate for resurrection" by the "We'll Figure it Out Sooner or Later Society"

• Like 2