Tug of War

BigStewMan

3 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

You are only half right.  He spent very little and we are all discussing this.  Lots of free advertising. 

They shot it with a 9mm and it bounced off, so technically bulletproof. Sledgehammer also bounced off but the windows did break.

More marketing.  We are talking about it.  Dodge developed the Viper at a huge loss to promote their brand.  I seem to remember an article in Car and Driver discussing a $75M investment and how that much would have covered California, but they received worldwide attention to promote their brand, including several covers of auto mags.

Tesla took $100 deposits and some media stunts and is receiving a huge buzz about this.  Very little spent, huge return in advertising. 

Very little spent on advertising, true, and that's a good thing. Elon needs all the free advertising he can get for Tesla, because he can't make a profit with that company. Most businessmen would have surrendered over a decade ago, but I guess Elon feels it's on the right track. Wonder what the company's expectations and outlook are over the next few years. I believe they're nearing their 20th year.

I wonder how many millions in public funding Tesla has eaten. He was a coddler with Obama, and I know a guy (wife's cousin) who sat next to him at a Hillary big money diner in San Francisco. He said Elon was nut job, but most geniuses are, I guess.

1 hour ago, NADman said:

Having been a fabricator and a target shooter for many years, I would like to see the 9MM bullets, the gauge of the 'said' SS and the angle of attack.

I call BS. As for the 'glass' --BS again.

At least not for 39G.

Hope you got good results the other day ... and happy thanksgiving to you.

22 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hope you got good results the other day ... and happy thanksgiving to you.

Thanks BSM, quaffing a Molson's as we speak.  Prolly be as Ok as anyone my age can expect. Still a few more tests.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe thanksgiving. (We do thanksgiving in early Oct in the great white north)

Don't Worry-Be Happy.

• Like 1