I've been a small block Chevy fan

USNRET

I've owned several small blocks. Two 350s is my two 72 Cutlass's and both ran strong. I had a 350 in a Suburban that I had over 350,000 miles on when I sold it and the motor itself was still running goo at the time. AND I ran the heck out of it, pulling Bobcat's, trailers full of steel, rough job site etc. and still took the kids to soccer games in it. That was a good truck.

Had a buddy with a 383 stroker and that was a real nice running motor. 

16 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

When I was 16 I saved up for a first generation Camaro. I looked at a real 67 Z28 in about 1985.  The real deal. DZ 302, 12 bolt. front disc brakes, bigger sway bar up front, no AC, no z/28 emblem, regular headlights, regular flat hood, etc.  Needed a total restoration.  I didn't get it and I probably would have wrecked it if I did.  There were only 600 or 700 of them made. 

I wound up buying a 69 Camaro.  Wish I had some pics of the 67 car. 

602 1967 Z28's were produced and most went to the race track,survivors are worth a mint today.

7 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I thought it was 602 or 702. I was too immature to own that car. 

I used to know every bore / stroke combination of every small block and big block Chevy by heart.  

I have a Chevrolet book so I looked it up to refresh my memory.B)

I'm probably lucky to be alive after dropping a built Corvette 427 into a plain jane '69 Camaro at age 22,it had drum brakes and didn't even have power steering. lol)

I ran a super T-10 4 speed with a 3:90 geared 12 bolt behind it. That car was scary fast in a straight line but heaven help you if you had to stop or go around a corner.:D

I have the 67 to 69 Camaro Fact Book.  Tons of pictures from dealerships and the assembly line.  I paid $20 back in the late 80's, which hurt muy wallet.  I lent it to my brother and have never seen it again. 

I did the same thing with big blocks and small blocks in various Camaros, Chevelles and Corvettes.  I now drive a mid 90's Lexus and never look back.  My favorite car.

23 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I have the 67 to 69 Camaro Fact Book.  Tons of pictures from dealerships and the assembly line.  I paid $20 back in the late 80's, which hurt muy wallet.  I lent it to my brother and have never seen it again. 

I did the same thing with big blocks and small blocks in various Camaros, Chevelles and Corvettes.  I now drive a mid 90's Lexus and never look back.  My favorite car.

I still love camaros,wish I could afford another '69 but I have a 2001 SS in the garage highly modified,not one piece of stock suspension under it including the front K-member,all race bred tubular parts with subframe connectors and Koni shocks.

Original LS1 and 6 speed manual but with LS6 (Z06)heads and a big cam,long tube headers,aluminum flywheel and late LS7 clutch etc etc.

92K on the clock at this point so still low miles for a nearly 20 year old car,not a daily driver of course.

club2.jpg

club.jpg

• Like 2