1st Take: RF-7 III's

tubetwister

Just got a pair of these setup in my theater. They are replacing my VMPS RM2 Towers (awesome speakers, BTW).

The 7's go deep, really deep, with solid, tight, bass impact. Very musical.

These are the closest speakers I have had that convey the feeling of a live performance. The clarity, presence, and liquidity of the sound is stunning. Piano strings really "pop" with these.

Voices (male / female) are very lifelike.

Still doing a 24/7 break-in, to get them into playing shape. Will report back after they have a few more hours on them.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, tubetwister said:

Just got a pair of these setup in my theater. They are replacing my VMPS RM2 Towers (awesome speakers, BTW).

The 7's go deep, really deep, with solid, tight, bass impact. Very musical.

These are the closest speakers I have had that convey the feeling of a live performance. The clarity, presence, and liquidity of the sound is stunning. Piano strings really "pop" with these.

Voices (male / female) are very lifelike.

Still doing a 24/7 break-in, to get them into playing shape. Will report back after they have a few more hours on them.

Awesome speakers....congrats. 

7 hours ago, Boilermaker86 said:

I love these things especially with my new Nad 777 receiver. I have been listening to Christmas music and they sound so nice ! 

Hope you enjoy yours for years to come ! 

B5F37479-AD43-4280-91CA-2A467F9CC1AA.jpeg

Great room and speakers, very nice front sound stage. Any rear speakers?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the 7's have been running 24/7 and are broken in, the sound has not changed much from the very initial listening tests.

Still awesome, with deep, tight audiophile bass. And crystal clear mids and upper octaves. Never a hint of harshness, or being overly bright.

Male and female voices really shine with the RF-7 III's.

These are the most revealing speakers I have ever owned. Listening to good recordings on these is as close as you can get to being at an actual concert.

I am very happy with the purchase.

• Like 2

It’s great the speakers are in the center and not too close to the side walls. That way the sound can fill the room properly and not have a bad reflection from the wall. Mine opened up when I moved them away from my walls. Looks like a nice theater, you just need a popcorn maker and some movie posters now! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parlophone1 said:

I bet the center chanel speaker help to bring most out of the setup.

Have you tried to do 2-chanel listening with only 7s? If yes, how do you think about it?

Yes. In my post above the amp and pre-amp were listed for the 2 channel stereo only listening. These really shine with tubes! And power! 

Again, the best way to describe the sound is like being at a live concert performance, or in an actual recording studio with the artist. 

My room does play a large role, as we treated the walls with our own home made acoustic panels. These made a huge improvement, eliminating the terrible slap echo that was there. All walls got acoustic panels.

All of the speakers (11 of them) are Klipsch. The dual subwoofers are kits that I built, purchased from Madisound.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

09EA5367-8164-437C-AEE8-E0D2EBD84024.jpeg

86849812-6BE2-47C7-A213-55D52338E054.jpeg

020EF587-0221-4705-9795-CD39DF1DD051.jpeg

• Like 1

It was my goal as a home builder to get this room right! It was easy, as we had a blank slate to start with our new house. The room would have been unused attic space, over our front garage. 75% of my design effort was devoted to the design and style of this theater. But first and foremost was sound quality. I'm a musician, and the sound had to be spot on.

We did some minor detail things, including padded/upholstered entry doors, EXIT lights, and floor lighting at the risers. All lighting is remote controlled.

9CA1176F-E355-4571-9462-1FB29E42B6CF.jpeg

47865A92-5FF5-46DF-97E7-63ECAB54021D.jpeg

• Like 3