Listening party story

codewritinfool

Yeah I've been drinking so this might be a bit disjointed but here goes...

So a week or so ago I took my La Scala splits (w/dave's MAHL lenses) and THTLP sub over to this local Episcopal church community center parking lot and set them up.  The priest is a friend and authorized it.  Even authorized beers.  I got about 20 people to show up and we rocked out from 8pm to past 11pm at high volume (with super low distortion 😀).  I invited the local police chief but he didn't show up.  We had no trouble with police, maybe that's why.

It was so jaw-droppingly good.  Many people there said they'd never heard anything like it before.  I played a mix of Rock, Blues, and Jazz.

Looks like this is going to become a regular thing.  The word is getting out there and people are asking about it.

The coolest thing was a college student that said he was going to buy a small system for his bedroom, but after hearing this system he felt he could not be satisfied.  YES!  A horn-loaded convert was born!

That's my story.  I will post photos next time.

code

• Like 7

Sounds like a Pilgrimage story. Maybe the "Pilgrimage" should become more frequent throughout the year and decentralized, embodying the idea wherever Klipschonites can gather. Hope is fun and all, but it's not like the The Great Awakening experienced within the early events of the past decade can't be replicated elsewhere.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Sounds like a Pilgrimage story. Maybe the "Pilgrimage" should become more frequent throughout the year and decentralized, embodying the idea wherever Klipschonites can gather. Hope is fun and all, but it's not like the The Great Awakening experienced within the early events of the past decade can't be replicated elsewhere.

I like this a lot.

• Like 2

Here's a crowd photo.  The crowd got larger after this.  I'm collecting quotes from people that were there.  My favorite is from a sound production guy.  He pulled up a chair front and center.  He listened a while without expression, then he stared at the left channel a while, then the right.  Another song started and he got up and walked toward me....

"F-ing Phenomenal.  I wouldn't tweak anything.  The sibilance is astounding, the bass is tight.  It is fantastic."  I kept saying, "Really?  Really?"

His jaw dropped again when he saw the little palm-sized amp that was driving it all.

"105dB @ 1w/ 1m", I said.  He couldn't believe it.

IMG_3729.png

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Here's a crowd photo.  The crowd got larger after this.  I'm collecting quotes from people that were there.  My favorite is from a sound production guy.  He pulled up a chair front and center.  He listened a while without expression, then he stared at the left channel a while, then the right.  Another song started and he got up and walked toward me....

"F-ing Phenomenal.  I wouldn't tweak anything.  The sibilance is astounding, the bass is tight.  It is fantastic."  I kept saying, "Really?  Really?"

His jaw dropped again when he saw the little palm-sized amp that was driving it all.

"105dB @ 1w/ 1m", I said.  He couldn't believe it.

IMG_3729.png

people in parkas, scarfs, and beanies ... and some dude in the very back in shorts and a t-shirt.

• Like 2

Great job!  Every Friday nite here is Jam nite at a local bar w/plenty of room.  A bunch of old guys who've played together since High School keep trying to get me to bring my LS out to the bar and set them up for everyone.  I'd love to but at my age I'm not movin squat ANY where!  BYOB and your A game to my place is what I tell em!  Bah Humbug!   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1