Family search

mr clean

I just found the wife was related to a few cool people. Anchalas, Alpin, Kenneth I, Constantine I ,Donnald II, Malcom I,  Kenneth II, Malcom II, Duncan I, Donald III.  What do they all have in common? They were all kings of scotland! I was blown away when I found the first one. 10 kings! It was on the wifes dads moms side. Some of them are on here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_monarchs#House_of_Alpin_(848–1034)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mr clean said:

I just found the wife was related to a few cool people. Anchalas, Alpin, Kenneth I, Constantine I ,Donnald II, Malcom I,  Kenneth II, Malcom II, Duncan I, Donald III.  What do they all have in common? They were all kings of scotland! I was blown away when I found the first one. 10 kings! It was on the wifes dads moms side. Some of them are on here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_monarchs#House_of_Alpin_(848–1034)

I had to check. I was reading they were less inbread than most of the peasants lol.  

Or the results could be ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-goldenstatekiller/dna-test-clears-golden-state-killer-suspect-of-1975-murder-prosecutor-idUSKCN1P31P9

DNA test clears Golden State Killer suspect of 1975 murder: prosecutor

3 MIN READ

•  
  •  

(Reuters) - DNA evidence has cleared a former policeman accused of being the “Golden State Killer,” who terrified a swath of California with dozens of rapes and murders in the 1970s and 1980s, in one murder case from 1975 in which he was a suspect, prosecutors said.

FILE PHOTO: Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, who authorities said was identified by DNA evidence as the serial predator dubbed the Golden State Killer, appears at his arraignment in California Superior court in Sacramento, California, U.S., April 27, 2018.

2 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

I'd say that most people, of European descent anyway, will eventually find royalty in their line.

I haven't found much on my grandfathers to get a good start. But ive found alot on both her grandmothers and they both had King Duncan the I in their line. Alot of countries would have marriages between princes and princesses of different countries just to keep the peace. Its hard to find things after going way back because the screen gets things so small after you go so far out. Some claimed they were related to gods and her line shows a Thor Woodssman in 0249 BC and the king of troy in front of that. I don't know if this is Thor. She was related to Saxtons, Goths, Huns, Norse, Romans, etc. It is back to 1200 BC.   

7 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Huh?  You can zoom in and out.

Yes but after you go out so far there is so much the computer was even saying I was using alot of power keeping this page up. So much was on there it would only let you zoom so much and then it would turn white.

1 minute ago, mr clean said:

Yes but after you go out so far there is so much the computer was even saying I was using alot of power keeping this page up. So much was on there it would only let you zoom so much and then it would turn white.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean now.  You're running out of RAM in your browser.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

I'd say that most people, of European descent anyway, will eventually find royalty in their line.

I agree but can't back it up with proof. I would think if you have relation not to far in the past who were wealthy and had it traced. Or were important in some way it will go back further in show a lot more.    

2 hours ago, mr clean said:

I agree but can't back it up with proof. I would think if you have relation not to far in the past who were wealthy and had it traced. Or were important in some way it will go back further in show a lot more.    

Where I stand on that is that the royalty is pretty well documented.  My own family is well documented back 4-5 generations.  It is that part in between that isn't certain at all.

after my Mom, i’m dealing with another country, she was the first generation born in America -- will this website be of any use in that regard ... foreign records?  My family hails from the Azores Islands ... as late as the 70s they were still just saying that an old person died from a heart attack -- i guess that was the generic cause of death for old folks. So, i’m not even sure what kind of birth/death/marriage records were kept. Heck, the population of the Island of Flores (Grandma’s place of birth) is only 3900 now -- back in 1896 when she was born, it was probably just her parents!

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

after my Mom, i’m dealing with another country, she was the first generation born in America -- will this website be of any use in that regard ... foreign records?  My family hails from the Azores Islands ... as late as the 70s they were still just saying that an old person died from a heart attack -- i guess that was the generic cause of death for old folks. So, i’m not even sure what kind of birth/death/marriage records were kept. Heck, the population of the Island of Flores (Grandma’s place of birth) is only 3900 now -- back in 1896 when she was born, it was probably just her parents!

I would say im 100 percent with out a doubt sure that I don't have a clue!

• Haha 1