The longest owned Klipsch speaker

Jim Cornell

Here is another good question, as far as talking about other Klipsch model speakers!

What model of Klipsch speaker have you owned the longest!

From the start, till today, the ones you still have, i myself had many, im talking about the ones you still have unlike me!

ME

Believe it or not the Chorus 9 months!

This would give the questionares the way to go as far as asking some one about a certain model Klipsch!

Regards Jim1.gif

That would make a 39 year owner!

Thats older than me, as far as im seeing it here, the heritage will most likely last decades, without any problems at all!

Unless we modify them, thats the only way they get repaired, or worked on!

Hardhead, that a lot of money back then, you could of bought a new car, with the same money!

Regards Jim1.gif

Hi,

I had

Cornwall II from 1989 to 2001

now Klipschorns

Cheers

Mauro

Klipschorn '99

Unison Research 845 Absolute

Sony SCD777-ES

Pro-ject 6.9 with Denon DL103

Trigon Vanguard phono pre with Volcano power supply

Cables: VanDenHul, XLO & MIT

room 36' X 24' x 10'

2.gif

Yeah, Jim. That was quite a lot of money back then, especially considering that I was 24 and in my second year of teaching. The Klipschorns and the Belle were almost half my yearly salary, and it took me two years to save the money. I worked at a men's clothing store at night and on weekends for $.80/hour (yes, that's EIGHTY CENTS) to help pay for them. Listening to records through headphones for a year and a half can be quite an incentive.

All my relatives and friends who knew what I was doing thought I was crazy. If you amortize the cost, though, it's less than $100/year so far and continuing to go down, not to mention tens of thousands of hours of beautiful music.

I bought a pair of cornwalls back in end 1970 early 1971 when I was a graduate school at Santa Clara University. They were the cheapest model available, painted matt black, without any grill. I still have them and its almost 33 years. They have travelled all over the world with me and family, from Santa Clara, to Singapore, to Marseilles, to aberdeen, to Stavanger, to Abu Dahbi,and finally back to Sinapore, my home town. Termintes got to them and have to replace the cabinets back in 1985 and the tweeters were replaced by Klipsch free of charge. I doubt anyone in the forum can beat that.9.gif