The longest owned Klipsch speaker

Jim Cornell

Hardhead

If you were to of bought a new car, it wouldove been long gone, think of that!

100,000 miles VS 100,000 hours!

If only the young ones knew how it was to make 80 cents an hour, they just might want to work today!

We give them $8.00 an hour, and they dont do much, its sickening isnt it!

Can you postpics of your long time owned treasures on the BB! Jim1.gif

Thats one reason why i wanted to start this topic, just to see how long they last, also to see long time happy original owners!

at that time there was no E-bay, there was no easy way to get these, these guys really had to work hard and save for a long time, instead of today go get an easy loan and get them, or get earned income credit on tax returns that didnt exist either, thats how i got mine!

there were no used klipschorns under a grand,

im sure they envy me, for what they had to do to get theirs!

I respect owners from 20-30 years ago!

It was harder then!

Regards Jim

1.gif

Wow, pretty cool to see people that owned and loved thier Klipsch longer than I have been alive! For me, I had a set of ProMedia V2.400s for nearly 3 years. That is the longest of any Klipsch I had owned. My RF-7s are now going on about 7 months. Before that, I had my Infinity RS2000.5 towers for about 7 years and they are still working perfectly.

I have had my KG-4's since they first came out, I got them after college in the year I worked before returning to grad school. That was the fall of 1983 and spring of 1984. That was a long time ago but I am pretty sure I bought them new in 1984. I know the site lists the KG-4 with a 1985 manufacture start date, but I would have been in grad school,and unable to afford them in 1985. So, KG-4 from '84 and loving every minute! bkrop16.gif9.gif