R115-SW shock when touching back amp plate bolts

PurdueBoilers

Have (2) R115-SW's and get shocked if I touch the back plate bolts outlined in the pics. Not a static discharge, it's constant. Both units do the same thing.

Tried power cords that work fine on other household devices, no change.

Unplugged RCA, no change.

Removed power cord, can see slow decrease on voltmeter (caps discharging?).

RCA in, power cord in, unplugged power to Onkyo RZ810 and Emotiva XPA2, steady voltage with no slow decrease.

What are the protruding bolts used for? A couple mm gap exists between the bolt head and the plate…like an accessory might hang from them?

Thanks in advance for any help. Long time fan of Klipsch, finally purchased items, wish I would have done it 20 years ago. 

Go Purdue!

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 10.48.39 AM.png

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, PurdueBoilers said:

Turned out to be the Onkyo amp sending current to everything, at least anything metal. Amp, DVD player, Emotiva XPA, etc.

Thanks and welcome to the forum and, don't be no stranger...

• Like 1

@billybob Most the way thru a Lascala build, hope to post a few pics of the process soon. Past the dog house build and dry assembled right now. Looks odd to have the woofer sitting so close to the back slot board, looks like cone travel or foam / crease area would smack the board. But I guess there's only a couple mm of travel so it's fine?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PurdueBoilers said:

@billybob Most the way thru a Lascala build, hope to post a few pics of the process soon. Past the dog house build and dry assembled right now. Looks odd to have the woofer sitting so close to the back slot board, looks like cone travel or foam / crease area would smack the board. But I guess there's only a couple mm of travel so it's fine?

Yes, it's fine with the stock driver.  If you go aftermarket with a driver that has more excursion or a thinner gasket then you'd need a spacer.

• Like 2