Epic CF4's in White Oak, Last Day on Ebay.

Shiva

Those look like version 3,  black mid horn and shiny black woofers.  The $925 price is probably fair market value, a fair price to both Buyer and Seller.  The Average for all CF-4 is $1100, which includes the pricier v1's.

• Like 3

Asked the seller to see/hear them ... strange reply ... "Selling on behalf can't do sorry-All I can say is they sounded awesome last time I herd them."  Really do not want to bid/buy before hearing them :(  Any suggestions?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Emile said:

Asked the seller to see/hear them ... strange reply ... "Selling on behalf can't do sorry-All I can say is they sounded awesome last time I herd them."  Really do not want to bid/buy before hearing them :(  Any suggestions?

Tell him just that. How can the behalf expect you to buy without disclosure of sound... Maybe seller is expecting someone to do just that ... strange enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes large speakers get separated from other things in an estate--often family members can't deal with an item like that. So it could be the seller/broker/eBay-lister/whatever doesn't have any other equipment to demonstrate the speakers with. I would simply ask if you can bring your own equipment to test them to make sure they are operating properly, and if everything checks out you are the buyer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Most things on Ebay are purchased without being able to hear, see or touch them, so there is a degree of trust one needs to have to proceed.  On the other hand, the seller has 343 sales, I believe, with 100% positive feedback.  That for myself, is good enough to take the chance on something I want. There is only a little over 3 hours left at this time. As they require a pick -up, they might not sell.   Did you ask him if he wants to make a deal outside of Ebay, or after the ad times out?  that way he will not have to pay them a percentage of the sale and perhaps he would be more amenable to let you hear them.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Did you ask him if he wants to make a deal outside of Ebay, or after the ad times out?  that way he will not have to pay them a percentage of the sale and perhaps he would be more amenable to let you hear them. 

FleaBay deletes any messages that hint at a sale "outside" of eBay :(  Told the seller I would buy them "locally" and to give me his phone number.  We'll see what happens :D 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crunchman12001 said:

These might not be right unless special ordered? The tag says "Whitewash". The brochure shows a "Whitewash" version that is all white.

http://images.klipsch.com/Brochure_940900_epic_635164772854408000.pdf

I was going to comment on the "White Oak" veneer earlier thinking it was Whitewash.  Then I saw the sides of the speaker did indeed look something like a White Oak, but I had never seen that finish before.

Whitewash in my experience is very rare but it doesn't add anything to the value.  To my sense of aesthetics it probably makes them worth less.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I was going to comment on the "White Oak" veneer earlier thinking it was Whitewash.  Then I saw the sides of the speaker did indeed look something like a White Oak, but I had never seen that finish before.

Whitewash in my experience is very rare but it doesn't add anything to the value.  To my sense of aesthetics it probably makes them worth less.

Looks like a Whitewash front on a Light Oak box to me. Not sure why someone would do that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Emile said:

Nah ... just a solid piece of molded plastic (at least on my CF-3's). Don't even know if it can be disassembled :( 

The front baffles do come off. You have to pull the grill plugs out, there are a total of 6 screws holding the baffle to the box. The front baffle is made of 1 3/8" particle board. The front is covered with what I think is melamine (has same texture) but not sure Melamine can be formed the way it is. Almost like a plastic or textured Thermo Foil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1