Receiver to match Quintets?

Caramelo

Does anyone have opinions on a receiver to match to the Quintet speakers. Have been looking into Denon, Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Marantz, and Yamaha. I want a receiver that has:

-multiroom capabilities

-DP,DD,DTS surround modes THX?

-DSP sound processing

-component video switching

-subwoofer output

-six or more channel throughputs to be able to upgrade

-flexible bass and treble management

-THD around .05%

-at least 80 watts per channel

-plenty of inputs and outputs to add on system

and does anyone know the difference between a 196Khz and 96 KHz 24-bit DAC?Textf>Textc>

Well...they are all good recievers. I have a Denon 3300 which does most of that sutff. The best suggestion I can give you is just to listen to them, in your house on your speakers, if possible.

A 196khz DAC will give better performance than a 96khz DAC, IF you can find the source material to play on it, and IF you have a player that will handle the higher sampling rates. The difference is in the sampling rate - how often the music had a snapshot taken of it when it was recorded. The more samples per second, the greater the accuracy of the recording. Higher sampling rates means much more data, and the player has to be able to read all that data in the same amount of time as it does lower sampling rates. Likewise, the DAC has to be able to convert all that data very quickly.