Southwest Audio Get-Together

25 minutes ago, Pete H said:

https://www.hopearkansas.net/pView.aspx?id=6507&catid=583

Klipsch auditorium available to non-profits for $100 per day.  Being a forum group, might even get a discount?

FYI, it's 1000 miles for me and I'm bringing gear so no complaints about how far it is.  I was pulling for Bardstown KY so I could go back to Buffalo Trace

Food and booze permitted?

9 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Ask forgiveness, not permission?  No clue, one of the many questions that still have yet to be answered.

@CECAA850 the community center looks perfect. 

We could set up the bigger stuff there and smaller rigs at the Super 8.  They wouldn't need to be set up and taken down every night.

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We could set up the bigger stuff there and smaller rigs at the Super 8.  They wouldn't need to be set up and taken down every night.

Exactly what I was thinking.  I just sent them an e-mail about the dates. 

4 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

launch a west coast or pacNW one!

4 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

West coast would be nice 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I always thought of having a Mid West.

3 hours ago, babadono said:

Arkansas is midwest:) A little south though....

3 hours ago, Pete H said:

Ok, the "Southern Midwest Audio Gathering"   Ohio is "midwest" as well and nowhere close to Hope, or Arkansas for that matter.  

How about a South West Audio Gathering...aka S.W.A.G.

Wouldn't you.......like to have.........a little swag.......with someone like me? 😋

Have fun guys (and gals)

13 hours ago, TasDom said:

How about a South West Audio Gathering...aka S.W.A.G.

Wouldn't you.......like to have.........a little swag.......with someone like me? 😋

Have fun guys (and gals)

One of the contractors I work for occasionally has a project that he needs a price on, and there isn't much info about the project to give him an exact price. So I give him the SWAG price....Scientific Wild *ss Guess...

• Like 2

Does anyone have a solid speaker switch?  For any of the passive speakers that will make it to the event, it would be much easier to have them driven by the same gear while having the ability to switch out on the fly without the hassle.  

8 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Does anyone have a solid speaker switch?  For any of the passive speakers that will make it to the event, it would be much easier to have them driven by the same gear while having the ability to switch out on the fly without the hassle.  

Except for those who have things bi-amped and running a xilica or Mini DSP.

31 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Except for those who have things bi-amped and running a xilica or Mini DSP.

Understood, I just know there will be a combination of passive and active setups, and would like it to be less switching and more listening.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Understood, I just know there will be a combination of passive and active setups, and would like it to be less switching and more listening.  

Plus with a switch it can be an instant change from speaker to speaker. Sometimes that 10 minute wait to connect gear is enough to forget what the previous speaker sounded like.

• Like 2