Southwest Audio Get-Together

It's been suggested that I mention that I'm currently planning on providing a tutorial on REW and using a DSP crossover for flattening in-room response of SPL and phase.  The exact date/time/place while there is TBD.  I'm planning on bringing a Yamaha SP2060 or EV Dx38, amplifiers, a laptop for running REW, a calibrated microphone, preamp, floor absorption, etc. for the demo.  If there is any interest, I could also run through how I currently demaster music files using Audacity (freeware).  If there are any specific topics that you''d specifically want to be covered in either of these subject areas or other subjects, you can discuss it here or by PM. 

Chris

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chris A said:

It's been suggested that I mention that I'm currently planning on providing a tutorial on REW and using a DSP crossover for flattening in-room response of SPL and phase.  The exact date/time/place while there is TBD.  I'm planning on bringing a Yamaha SP2060 or EV Dx38, amplifiers, a laptop for running REW, a calibrated microphone, preamp, floor absorption, etc. for the demo.  If there is any interest, I could also run through how I currently demaster music files using Audacity (freeware).  If there are any specific topics that you''d specifically want to be covered in either of these subject areas or other subjects, you can discuss it here or by PM. 

Chris

Looking forward to meeting you Chris.

29 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Chris

Looking forward to meeting you as well and trying to leave with a much better understanding of REW and DSP.  

48 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I'm planning on bringing a Yamaha SP2060 or EV Dx38, amplifiers, a laptop for running REW, a calibrated microphone, preamp, floor absorption, etc. for the demo. 

I guess MEH's would be too much to ask for???????????????????:)

I presently have one K-402-MEH (the prototype that's currently performing as my center).  If I can get more MEHs made by then it's possible that I might be able to bring a pair (but don't hold your breath). 

Chris

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

Chris

Great to read this. I will bring a UMike and laptop with REW and TrueRTA on it along with my Xilica xp3060 since it will all be a part of my S-MWM  setup anyway. You are welcome to use anything I bring if you need to.  I am interested in REW and Audacity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chris A said:

Chris

Why can't I "like" and "thank" the same post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris A said:

I presently have one K-402-MEH (the prototype that's currently performing as my center).  If I can get more MEHs made by then it's possible that I might be able to bring a pair (but don't hold your breath). 

Chris

Mono is good, it came before stereo:)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dave A said:

Thanks for the link.

Reading over part of this I propose our little gathering be nicknamed Friends of Paul, FofP for short.

It's starting to sound like it's gonna be a happenin'.

Extremely pleased that if I am able to attend I will meet ChrisA........ Remastering using Audacity, yes please bring it on

With the amount of gear that continues to grow I would suggest that all attendees bring their personal reference material in digital format so everyone can listen to familiar tracks through the various rigs that will be set up.  I'm thinking 10 pieces that are near and dear to them, not to little and not too much but it I think it will make it more revealing to all of the attendees.  I know personally that in past events I wanted to hear my music or it doesn't mean as much to me.  

What do you think?

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, Pete H said:

With the amount of gear that continues to grow I would suggest that all attendees bring their personal reference material in digital format so everyone can listen to familiar tracks through the various rigs that will be set up.  I'm thinking 10 pieces that are near and dear to them, not to little and not too much but it I think it will make it more revealing to all of the attendees.  I know personally that in past events I wanted to hear my music or it doesn't mean as much to me.  

What do you think?

DELETE

20 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

At a previous event, I had folks send me a list of tracks they would like to hear, and I then  created Spotify playlists.  

That was a great idea however I remember one particular individual monopolizing the dj duties.  That shouldn't happen here.

• Like 1