Southwest Audio Get-Together

On 1/9/2020 at 8:45 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

Has anyone set up reservations at the Super 8 yet? If it isn't a big place maybe we can rent the whole place if we do it soon enough

Mark

Mark et al - When I talked with the GM at the Super 8 she stated we would need 20 people in order to qualify for the group rate (59.99). Would be cool if we could get enough committed early so we could reserve all the rooms facing the pool area. That way we can watch @jimjimbo  push @Pete H in the pool shortly after midnight lol.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Mark et al - When I talked with the GM at the Super 8 she stated we would need 20 people in order to qualify for the group rate (59.99). Would be cool if we could get enough committed early so we could reserve all the rooms facing the pool area. That way we can watch @jimjimbo  push @Pete H in the pool shortly after midnight lol.

You wouldn't get to see it because you will already be passed out and making sure you can get up in the morning.  

37 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Can't believe they've gone up like that.  Normal non group rate was always 50 bucks.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

He'd probably just flop around like a fish out of water.  Normally it's covered that time of year.

I would tell you to bring your swimming cap for a race, but remembered, you don't need one to reduce drag.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Would be much earlier than that......

Is your bedtime the same as Jerry's?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dave A said:

True, I should have said inebriated silly. Plain old silly with wits intact is A-OK.

I honestly can say that I've never seen any of these people in that state either.  We're all getting older but we still like to talk like a bunch of party animals. :D

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Michael is bringing a goat and a couple of chickens that we will be roasting on a spit over an open charcoal fire, so he may not have room in his vehicle.

I can carry his gear.  He can handle the livestock.