Southwest Audio Get-Together

To everyone following this thread.  We will be posting updates soon on a separate pinned and locked thread that will just provide details and updates as we have them.  I've made some minor edits to the initial post regarding venues, but more to come in the next day or two.

You getting excited yet?  I know I am and really looking forward to all the gear and people that are coming.  

On 1/15/2020 at 5:49 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

When I started letting my MCM breath for the first time(s), the acoustic ceiling tile sprinkled a lot of dust over everything. I can only imagine that these tile will be hopping up and down.  😀

Well I was doing a sound check today as Claude is going to appear on my doorstep Tuesday. I had some bubble wrap next to the mouth of one of the bass bins and it was flapping around like those deep bass hair flying videos on Youtube. Really gratifying to see and my wife mentioned things were vibrating in the house.

• Like 3

On 1/19/2020 at 11:28 PM, Dave A said:

Well I was doing a sound check today as Claude is going to appear on my doorstep Tuesday. I had some bubble wrap next to the mouth of one of the bass bins and it was flapping around like those deep bass hair flying videos on Youtube. Really gratifying to see and my wife mentioned things were vibrating in the house.

DELETE

11 hours ago, Randyh said:

dont hesitate to add build pictures --- tx

eh.. it's not that interesting. Today I chopped the tops using a pull saw and then cleaned up the edges with a router. Going to add additional 3/4" plywood to the tops, bottoms, and sides to beef them up a bit and then prep for paint.

So I just booked my room at the Super 8 checking in Thursday.

Not sure if there is a plan to try to book rooms in one area of the Super 8, but I included the following request with my booking: 

"Coming in with a group of audio folks for that weekend (Southwest Audio Get-Together).  A room downstairs facing the pool area would be preferred, near other audio guests if these rooms can be located more or less together."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seadog said:

So I just booked my room at the Super 8 checking in Thursday.

Not sure if there is a plan to try to book rooms in one area of the Super 8, but I included the following request with my booking: 

"Coming in with a group of audio folks for that weekend (Southwest Audio Get-Together).  A room downstairs facing the pool area would be preferred, near other audio guests if these rooms can be located more or less together."

https://www.expedia.com/Hope-Hotels-Super-8-By-Wyndham-Hope.h50696.Hotel-Information?MDPCID=US.META.TRIVAGO.MOBILEHOTELSCORESEARCH.HOTEL&MDPDTL=HTL.50696.HOPE.los%3D1.losb%3D1.ttt%3D7.tttb%3D5.trv_bm%3D-1&chkin=4%2F2%2F2020&chkout=4%2F5%2F2020&daysInFuture=&destType=MARKET&destination=Hope%2C Arkansas%2C United States of America&group=&guestRating=&hotelName=&latLong=&mctc=5&misId=&neighborhoodId=null&poi=&pwa_ts=1579743518627&referrerUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZXhwZWRpYS5jb20vSG90ZWwtU2VhcmNo&regionId=8151&rm1=a2&roomIndex=&selected=50696&sort=recommended&stayLength=&swpToggleOn=true&theme=&useRewards=true&userIntent=&x_pwa=1

4 rooms left at $52/night. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 7:56 AM, rockhound said:

Mark et al - When I talked with the GM at the Super 8 she stated we would need 20 people in order to qualify for the group rate (59.99). Would be cool if we could get enough committed early so we could reserve all the rooms facing the pool area. That way we can watch @jimjimbo  push @Pete H in the pool shortly after midnight lol.

@CECAA850 Carl, How many confirmed right now?

Thank you,

Mark