Southwest Audio Get-Together

5 hours ago, Seadog said:

I am assuming the following is no longer correct? 

" We are able to access the community center after picking up the key Thursday afternoon to get equipment in for those systems that will be there on Thursday"

Also, the attendee list is not up to date (I'm not listed 😁).

Thst is not correct.  See the master list for current information.   I thought I put you down in the master list as well.  I'll check 

10 hours ago, Seadog said:

@rockhound, Timeless Traditions looks like a good place for the SWAG. Do you know if WiFi will be available there?  BTW, thanks for your efforts finding a venue.

No wifi but cell service with Verizon has been confirmed.  Possibly other carriers but the owners use Verizon. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rockhound said:

No wifi but I did have cell service (ATT). If someone has a hot spot that would connect to cell data then we could use it to stream.

I have Sprint which is great in the cities, but is usually unreliable in the country.

On 2/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

So we need to be sure to have a cd player. I'll get my 1tb of music onto some portable format. If people have enough forethought, they can send song/album/playlist requests and we can download from spotify for offline playback as well.

DELETE

I had planned to bring an old Oppo DV-980H with my small stack of electronics and computer so that I could play SACDs and DVD-As (as well as CDs) that I had also intended to bring--in order to hear small differences in sound quality arising from dialing in SPL and phase response.  This player can't handle Blu-Ray discs (BDs) though, and many higher fidelity recordings are found on those latter type of discs.

Chris

On 2/2/2020 at 9:05 AM, Chris A said:

I had planned to bring an old Oppo DV-980H with my small stack of electronics and computer so that I could play SACDs and DVD-As (as well as CDs) that I had also intended to bring--in order to hear small differences in sound quality arising from dialing in SPL and phase response.  This player can't handle Blu-Ray discs (BDs) though, and many higher fidelity recordings are found on those latter type of discs.

Chris

DELETE

On 2/2/2020 at 8:05 AM, Chris A said:

Chris

I'll bring an Oppo BDP-83 CD / SACD / Blu-ray player.  Rather have too many sources than not enough.