Southwest Audio Get-Together

21 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hey Neil @DizRotus you going to join us?

Throw @ClaudeJ1 in a car and move on down. Or maybe my good friend @kevinmclogan

Have you spent hours in a car with Claude?  My brain can only take so much talk of Hz, REW, Ohms, Xmax, etc.  Claude is tri-lingual, he speaks French, English, and Audio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Euchre probably cost me a  year in college....  

I'm amazed as I look back at how much we'd blow off classes and how quickly we'd blow them off if we had some games going.

VERY fun  game once you get into it.

Be fun to be there to give all you bozo's a Masters lesson....  HA!!!!

:P

12 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Have you spent hours in a car with Claude?  My brain can only take so much talk of Hz, REW, Ohms, Xmax, etc.  Claude is tri-lingual, he speaks French, English and audio.

We do have a separate room at the venue for any of the over achievers so we can give them a time out if needed for the rest of us to catch up.  

6 minutes ago, babadono said:

Maybe if he talked about audio in French it would sound more musical.

Good idea.  I could nod occasionally, pretend to understand, and still enjoy some music.

Claude @ClaudeJ1 I wouldn’t kid you if I thought for an instant you didn’t  know I value you as a friend and neighbor.  But, remember the joke about asking the time and being told how to build a watch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coytee said:

Euchre probably cost me a  year in college....  

I'm amazed as I look back at how much we'd blow off classes and how quickly we'd blow them off if we had some games going.

VERY fun  game once you get into it.

Be fun to be there to give all you bozo's a Masters lesson....  HA!!!!

:P

Plenty of places to stop along the way for bathroom breaks.  I understand your situation, but you can figure out a way and then you will have to back up all that card playing crap that you're slinging.  LOL

It would be good to see you there Richard.

3 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Plenty of places to stop along the way for bathroom breaks.  I understand your situation, but you can figure out a way and then you will have to back up all that card playing crap that you're slinging.  LOL

It would be good to see you there Richard.

I get it....

Bring a new definition to thread crapping AND card crapping....

Nice!!

Can the game continue while I'm in the Loo??

Ok....  so I'm looking at my calendar and it's possible I could make it.

Couple questions:

1.  We gonna toss some cards, possibly Euchre the first evening? 

2.  Who's up for breakfast at Wafflehouse in Hope?

3.  I've got a Peach preamp sitting unused.....  One of Mark's early circuit boards (if I understand correctly)  Was sent back to him and I'm not knowledgable to say exactly what he did, I know ONE thing he did was change all the control knobs to nicer units (the behind the front is nicer)

I THINK one of the RCA jacks in the back is getting wiggly.  Not sure it's one I used or not (unit is currently in closet)

Worked perfectly fine before I replaced it with a unit with XLR outputs.

Oh, and it also has (from what he told me) his last in stock unit of a new walnut case with dovetailed front.  

I still have original box for the Peach.

Scratching my head....  $700 sound ballpark???

I also have a K510 (no mumps).  This is the one painted red.  Was going to be used in a center LaScala....until the wife put her (now deceased) fathers buffet table there.  I'm not even going to try to fight that fight.  

How's about $75??  You can keep the red!!

Pardon if this isn't the right thread to mention this stuff.....  I've really not put any thought into going and today, looked at calendar and it might be doable.

510 floor.jpg

1.JPG

6.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG