Southwest Audio Get-Together

The organizers of the SWAG have been contacted by many attendees about how their plans are changing due to the Wuhan virus.  In lieu of that the dates have been tentatively changed to Oct 16th and 17'th.  Things should be back to normal by then and this should give everyone plenty of time to schedule time off at work.  Current registration fees can be refunded 100% by contacting @rockhound or paid fees can be transferred to be used on the new dates.

• Like 2

I find the idea of bringing things to play with built and or altered by Klipsch heads to be quite an interesting idea. After seeing my first Pilgrimage though I have to say the venue there is too small and crowded to allow for a leisurely stroll through lots of gear just to see what they sound like or play swap and shop.  Plus you have to stand there and keep the hands of heavy drinkers off your gear from what I could see with Kevin's setup. I have to admit I was kind of disappointed about not bringing the Super MWM's because I wanted to see the look on peoples faces when they were fired up.

Truthfully a gathering of tinkerers and builders with their creations is of far more interest to me than another tour of the factory, the theater and the PWK house.  How big is the hall and what are the conditions associated with it's use? 

I will attend if this event happens. I have racks of electronics and I would love a chance to swap and shop with Klipsch Heads. By then I will have what I hope is a prodigious three way system  and might have a set of 415's with K 402's on top. I like subtle production of sound.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave A said:

I will attend if this event happens. I have racks of electronics and I would love a chance to swap and shop with Klipsch Heads. By then I will have what I hope is a prodigious three way system  and might have a set of 415's with K 402's on top. I like subtle production of sound.

It would be great to have you Dave!  @rockhound is going to swing by and take some measurements of the room so we can plan a bit more, but really had to get a date pinned down and some idea of who's interested and what equipment is expected.  

9 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That could be a big problem Carl. How long is long and what do they have to hook up to?

more of an "engineering challenge." They did this with a modest system in the early years of what is now The Great Pilgrimage Revival, so I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out.