System advice

EvolutionX

Hello guys just had a question ( maybe many questions )about a system im looking at. This is my very first HTS and was looking at the Klipsch R-625FA 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos Home Theater System. This system will mainly be used for playing music ( all types but mainly hip hop and EDM ) and movies

My room size is 7'8"H x 14'D x 24'W with hardwood floors and no texture on ceiling. So first question is, is this system going to work or should i not do the DA 5.1.2 and just do a 5.1? Sooner or later i'd like to do a 2nd sub so should i be looking at a 5.2 system ( but this is controlled by the Receiver ) correct? Or should i look at the R-820F 7.1.2 DOLBY ATMOS HOME THEATER SYSTEM i just dont like the FSP with that thing on the top ( lol ).

Im on a tight budget and for the system i can deal with the $1700 but my 2nd issue is what receiver would i need to run as its the heart of the system. Budget on that would be around $550-$650 max ( i know thats probably really low but  that what it is.

Thanks a ton and hope to hear back soon as i wanna put this on order as my Xmas gift 😃

Thanks Brian

20191202_155900.jpg1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

The idea looks promising given the height for Atmos. Bigger probably better for a room that size. An AVR with that budget should squeeze by also. Will wait for others opinions to come into this, with more specifics... Welcome!

Thanks for the reply, its a small but long room, i could move back the couch some more if need be. One problem i see already is i dont have room on the left side of the couch for the bookshelf speaker with some sort of stand

48 minutes ago, billybob said:

You could always do a 5.1 as say,

and put the budget toward the electronics, with 7.2 Atmos

unit. Later the Atmos.

Is this something...

Yeah i dont need Atmos right this second so i get where your coming form. Im going to have to wall mount the TV as the R-625FA had a huge center speaker and will block the TV quite a bit. Even if i get the R-34C it will block the TV by 2.5 inches sadly.

Maybe do the Klipsch R-820F 5.1 and wall mount the R-41SA's ( obviously as they are wall mount speakers ) that way i can get the better center? 

Edited by EvolutionX

If I were in your shoes, I’d go with RP bookshelves, matching RP center and dual subwoofers to suck up all the speaker budget. Add the other speakers as your budget allows. You will have a wonderful sounding system and the most important speakers covered. 

Many of us made the mistake or trying to cram everything into into a “lower” budget and quickly get a case of “what if’s”. If you buy the best speakers you can afford to start, you probably won’t be second guessing yourself shorty after the purchase.

1 hour ago, K5SS said:

If I were in your shoes, I’d go with RP bookshelves, matching RP center and dual subwoofers to suck up all the speaker budget. Add the other speakers as your budget allows. You will have a wonderful sounding system and the most important speakers covered. 

Many of us made the mistake or trying to cram everything into into a “lower” budget and quickly get a case of “what if’s”. If you buy the best speakers you can afford to start, you probably won’t be second guessing yourself shorty after the purchase.

Thanks for the reply, doing the RP Towers x2 6000F's , center RP404C and bookshelves RP 500M's puts me at $2406 with no sub and $2656 w/sub which is well over my $1700 budget. Dont get me wrong i would love too start out with better quality plus i still have to buy a AVR.

Even doing the lowest RP with sub would put me at $1863 + $499 ( sony VSX-LX104 ) AVR is $2362 or $2662 ( sony vsx-lx304 $799 )

But i do respect your OP very much gives me some things to consider.

Edited by EvolutionX

Looking like you are doing a lot with not enough for what you want to do. You may want to just do a center, 2 main fronts and 1 sub for the moment. Also, unless you are just stuck on the Sony brand and the RP8000F, would look for holiday deals on the other RP model mains. There are other model RP that are to be found for less, that are new. A decent center to compliment them, and 1 sub at the moment. Was thinking an AVR on sale for less than a 1000...

Hope this helps...

• Like 1

Klipsch RP-600M - ~ $500/pr. 

Klipsch RP-504C - ~ $450

SVS SB12-NSD - $800/pr. (Sale) 

That is how I would spend the speaker budget, if I were in your shoes. One of the members here is also a Klipsch dealer and he might be able to beat those prices. 

I’d also snag something like this refurbished unit, to help stick close to your budget as possible:

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onktxrz830a/onkyo-tx-rz830-9.2-ch-x-120-watts-thx-a/v-receiver-new/1.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Klipsch is doing a 50 percent off:

https://www.klipsch.com/home-theater-systems

To the OP, in the above sale you can purchase R-820-F (large floorstanders) for $250 each delivered for your front L and R. They are half price right now, heck of a deal (sale ends in < 10 hours tho). I'd do a 4.1 for now (phantom center) what I have been running for the last 4 years. Or purchase four R-820s on sale(front and back). Don't purchase a Klipsch sub. We see peeps posting regularly about their sub amp failures (usually just out of the warranty period). SVS makes/offers some nice subs with a full 5 year warranty. And SVS customer service is first rate. They have a seconds/returns page on their website offering a little savings. I'd run/select a Denon or Yamaha AVR to power ur home theater. I have run couple Denons before but am using a Yammy now and prefer it. 

R-820-F sale page: https://www.klipsch.com/floor-speakers

• Like 2

7 hours ago, K5SS said:

Klipsch RP-600M - ~ $500/pr. 

Klipsch RP-504C - ~ $450

SVS SB12-NSD - $800/pr. (Sale) 

That is how I would spend the speaker budget

Excellent use of the budget.  :emotion-21:

@EvolutionX The Klipsch RP-600M were the Cnet Speaker of the Year for 2018.  They have gotten rave reviews, including from me.  I own a pair.  Highly recommended.

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-klipsch-reference-premiere-600m-is-the-audiophiliac-speaker-of-the-year/

Likewise not everyone has the budget for the flagship RC-64 III but the owners of the RP-504C give them highest praise short of the RC-64 III.  I own the RC-64 III, I have not heard the RP-504C.

I bought my 600M from Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  Ask about B stock to save a little more money, mine are B-stock and they look and sound perfect.

With the high quality 3.1 setup you can always add surround speakers later.  Start with a quality L/C/R, especially the center speaker.   If you need speaker stands get 24".  Mine are 18" and they are too low.

1140702457_RP-600Mlivingroomseascene_400.thumb.jpg.a098e471533630c61e1e9e9c62275f67.jpg

• Like 1